Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

Do you mean people who don't use smokeless tobacco putting a tin in just for fades or do you mean in general? It seems like the best place to keep your dip/snuff if you aren't wearing a jacket. I put my tin in my back left pocket.

people who don't use smokeless tobacco putting a tin in just for fades. that's just fake.

2. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

1. i'm serious. if i was gay i would shag him.
    2. it's annoying though that some people intentionally carry tins just to get that fade.

While I'm sure some of them are doing that, most are likely just putting it in their back pockets out of ease, since most jeans aren't going to fit a tin in the front pockets

Whats the view on Fiorentini+Baker boots? they are on sale for 209$ and im debating purchasing. I dont know if they are worth it though
    They're rare (read: never found) at that price. There are no other comparable brands that will be found that cheap new.

why doesn't nudie get much love in this forum? i think some of their cuts are ill.
    Because quality is shady (thin denim and weak seams) and the back pocket stitching is generally regarded as gaudy as R&R, et. al.

3. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

wtf it's almost 2011, people actually still chew tobacco?

I work with a girl who does.

4. StopPolloition

StopPolloition Senior member

wtf it's almost 2011, people actually still chew tobacco?
    Smoking it is worse for you and people still do that too. Strangely, the safest way to use it seems to be to put it in your nose, although I haven't quite gotten used to that method. Please, no "that's what she said" jokes.

5. Tonybag0dohnutz

Tonybag0dohnutz Senior member

I'm assuming the Wings and Horns Dayton service boots are no longer being produced as I haven't seen them in the last few collections. Does anybody have a solid recommendation that is along the same style as these? I'm looking for black. Thanks guys!

6. ShimonEzra

ShimonEzra Well-Known Member

EDIT: Sorry, wrong thread.

7. ZhiMingBuFanDe

ZhiMingBuFanDe Senior member

Is it possible to fix the numbering on Common Projects, and how would I go about doing so?

8. amnesiac

amnesiac Senior member

I know it looks feminine here http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...d=1&pid=770639 but in actuality, I can fit into a medium no problem with a perfect fit in the shoulders and plenty of room around the waist but not boxy. also, it's much darker in person and a much nicer green. should i get it or are the double shooting patches dumb on a long anorak? It really is a surprisingly heavy and well put together coat. taping on all the inside seams, big hood, perfect for fall...

9. phonumbaone

phonumbaone New Member

hey everyone, i'm interested in getting a new pair of raws and im undecided on either the acne max raw from tobi or the surface to air no. 1 straight fit selvage raw from the s2a website. currently, i've been wearing a TTS sz 30 nudie average joe dry selvage tapered to a 7" opening for around 8 months. so my questions are which should i choose? and how should i size on either of the two? or what would be the best bet for quality raws around this price range. tobi has a 25 off so the acnes will be around 160ish and the s2a's will be around 115ish. i don't really want a super slim fit, but somewhere inbetween straight and slim. i've tried n&f deep indigos and that was too slim for me. thanks!

10. laughter95

laughter95 Senior member

how does man of moods outerwear fit? website says, for example, size 3 has a 16.5" shoulder measurement. this is even smaller than the XS shoulder measurement from epaulet, which is 17". am i reading the shoulder measurements wrong, or does MoM fit really really tiny?

11. dagunit22

dagunit22 Senior member

I'm assuming the Wings and Horns Dayton service boots are no longer being produced as I haven't seen them in the last few collections. Does anybody have a solid recommendation that is along the same style as these? I'm looking for black. Thanks guys!

Don't if you have seen this already, but its worth a look:
    http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=55671

12. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

Does anyone know how to contact Matsu? - he runs a leather shop at the Rose Bowl Flee Market.

13. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

Looking for a relatively cheap pair of desert boots. Any ideas?

Can't be suede clarks...too much rain here in BC.

Or any other suggestions on boots that would look good with a TOJ double rider or a MA-1

Thanks in advance

14. crackerjack

crackerjack Senior member

Anyone can tell me if the Jcrew madras shirts shrink much when washed? I have a couple shirts, with tags, and they're too big for me around the waist and in the sleeves. I don't have a problemgetting the shirts tailored, but taking in the sleeves is going to be too much- might as well just sell them.
    I know I could just try it, but then I can't resell them being new & with tags.

An answer would be greatly appreciated [​IMG]

15. Doot

Doot Active Member

Yo. Another question for anybody who has an answer.

Are these Blucher Mocs L.L. Bean Brand? (not their signature line) Because they sure as hell look like it to me:

[​IMG]