1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. twylo

twylo Well-Known Member

I'm just worried that without the white soul the black on black look will look too much.. I know Efron wears shiny black shoes but I don't mind them because of the white. [​IMG] They are YSL I think, but look alright due to the white, or maybe it's just me?

2. thats.mana

thats.mana Senior member

It's on you man. I prefer to look like a burgular so black sole's are prefered.
    When did zach efron become someone to emulate?

3. twylo

twylo Well-Known Member

It's on you man. I prefer to look like a burgular so black sole's are prefered.
    When did zach efron become someone to emulate?

He's not, just the first person that popped into my head when I thought of shiny black shoes.

4. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

Hey all,

Anyone have suiting/shirting information for the denver/metro area? I'll ask in MC as well. High-end.

5. Nopike343

Nopike343 Senior member

I also posted this in the APC thread but am hoping others with raw denim experience may provide an answer.

I just got some APC New Standards, my first pair of raw jeans. I love the fit, I sized down two, three would be too painful. My only concern is the length, I would not want them to shrink more than 1/2 to 1 inch in length. Am I going to regret it when it's time to soak/wash them?

6. KendallAndKendall

KendallAndKendall Senior member

[​IMG] Where can i find a denim shirt with a rounded white collar?

7. polar-lemon

polar-lemon Senior member

If I wear a sz 30 in the N&F Slim Guy, a sz 30 in the Earnest Sewn Fulton, a 30-31 in standard office pants, and EU 48 in the slimmest of the slim Italian pants, what size should I buy in the LVC 1947 501 in the rigid denim? Would 31 work, and what kind of shrinkage can I expect?

There are 103432 threads on this, and just can't go through them all right now [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. __CB__

__CB__ Senior member

How does most Branquinho clothing fit, in particular jackets? True to size?

9. bimmernate

bimmernate Senior member

where can i find a leather wallet chain?

10. Mountains

Mountains Senior member

Hey all, Anyone have suiting/shirting information for the denver/metro area? I'll ask in MC as well. High-end.
    My knowledge of high-end suiting/shirting is sketchy at best, but I would try Andrisen Morton in Cherry Creek North (http://www.andrisenmorton.com/).

11. johnmcnamee

johnmcnamee Well-Known Member

I'm 22 year old university student, and I'm going to buy my first navy blue blazer seeing as I hear so much about them being a "staple" in a man's wardrobe.

It needs to be versatile enough to appropriate for lectures during the day or a party at night, depending on the rest of the outfit obviously.

1) What material should I go for? Something machine washable would obviously suit me better being a student, I can't afford dry cleaning.

2) What sort of lapel?

3) How many buttons? I'm 5'7 and very slim, if that makes a difference. Would a one-button blazer a solid choice in this case?

4) Does it matter how many buttons are on the cuff?

5) Any other tips you want to throw my way...

Thanks!

12. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

^^

I'm going to assume you want to be more conservative about this.

1) If you're going for your first blazer/sportcoat you need it to be wool. Which will not be machine washable. Suck it up and deal. Besides, you'll only really be dry cleaning it once or twice a season.

2) Notch.

3) One is super fashiony unless you know exactly what you're doing. Two or three.

4) No. Well, unless there's like 20...

5) Feel free to break rules 2-4, but seriously, stick to 1.

I'm 22 year old university student, and I'm going to buy my first navy blue blazer seeing as I hear so much about them being a "staple" in a man's wardrobe.

It needs to be versatile enough to appropriate for lectures during the day or a party at night, depending on the rest of the outfit obviously.

1) What material should I go for? Something machine washable would obviously suit me better being a student, I can't afford dry cleaning.

2) What sort of lapel?

3) How many buttons? I'm 5'7 and very slim, if that makes a difference. Would a one-button blazer a solid choice in this case?

Thanks!

13. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Anyone know the season of this Dries shirt?

[​IMG]

14. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    What is typically the maximum amount of material a tailor can take in on a pair of denim jeans? Can you go down a size or two without ruining the look of them?

15. Jr Mouse

Anyone know the season of this Dries shirt?

[​IMG]

No, but I like it a lot.

16. Jr Mouse

2) What sort of lapel?

Thanks!

I would go two buttons as it never goes out of style and do wool.

17. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

Just got a pair of Alden Indy boots in brown Chromexcel (pics/thread here), and wanted to condition and weatherproof them. It's winter, so there's snow and salt and water, and I'd like to protect these guys as best I can. My instinct was to just stick some regular Lexol Leather Conditioner on it, but am slightly hesitant since it's Horween Chromexcel which is a kind of leather I know nothing about (Horween's website isn't exactly helpful in this regard), and is high quality/expensive. So I thought I'd use the non-darkening Neatsfoot Lexol Leather Conditioner instead. Is either one recommended for Chromexcel? I also don't want to darken the white stitching on the shoe's apron. I'd also be interested in your thoughts on using Meltonian Water & Stain Protector. Thanks!

18. bq5186

bq5186 Member

Anyone know when to expect the next Barney's (NY) men's shoes sale?

Thanks.

19. tooshay

tooshay Senior member

[Posted on the RRL thread, too]

Anyone know if it's possible to find RRL in London?

20. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

If I wear a sz 30 in the N&F Slim Guy, a sz 30 in the Earnest Sewn Fulton, a 30-31 in standard office pants, and EU 48 in the slimmest of the slim Italian pants, what size should I buy in the LVC 1947 501 in the rigid denim? :
    Rule of thumb for the '47 cut is size up one.
    Just got a pair of Alden Indy boots in brown Chromexcel (pics/thread here), and wanted to condition and weatherproof them. It's winter, so there's snow and salt and water, and I'd like to protect these guys as best I can.or[/url].
    If you're dealing with serious winter and salt conditions, a good quality mink oil is superb protection, and my chromexcel boots took to it beautifully It won't darken excel or the contrast stitching, works well with the satin finish of the leather, etc. I can't speak to those other brands, but they probably have the same oil/wax combinations, with emmolients, like Mink oil. My excel boots after about a dozen applications of mink oil (dark areas are from dirt, indigo and one small and local application of brown polish for some deep scuffs, which I regret): [​IMG]