Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Doot

Doot Active Member

those are muji good fit sneakers - i bought a pair in 9.5 but they run pretty big, about a full size i'd say

Awesome, thank you very much. I've been looking for these. As for the sizing, I wear a regular 9, so I guess I'll be going for the 8. Thanks again.

I think springcourts look a tad better

It is a very hard decision for me. They look so similar though, and these Mujis are so much cheaper. Plus they don't have the annoying little holes in the sole that Springcourt has (my minor gripe with spring-court).

2. Roygbivuxg

Roygbivuxg Senior member

I'm going to a TED talk immediately after work today, and would like to dress up my work outfit a bit. I'm a director at an internet company and it's casual to the point where I get funny looks if I dress up even slightly. I'm wearing this shirt: [​IMG] with a pair of slim fit Seven Jeans (Organic Denim, very dark blue) and these shoes: [​IMG] I'm thinking of adding this vest and a skinny black matching tie to dress it up a little: [​IMG] I tried the vest on as I rushed out this morning and it seemed like it'd work, but I can't tell if it'll have too much going on or not. Thoughts & opinions are appreciated.
    Very few people around these parts are accepting of the casual vest with jeans look as it gives off a generally douchey hipster vibe. With that aside, the shirt you have on is far too casual for a tie and the fact that it has front chest pockets and epaulets make it incompatible with any type of waistcoat. Shoes are fine and jeans should be fine as long as they dont have obnoxious stiching/distressing/back-pocket designs. That being said, your whole outfit isn't really "dressed-up" relative to anything but say, a t-shirt and shorts [​IMG] I would suggest lurking around for awhile and checking out how people are dressing in the waywt thread. good luck in upping your clothing game [​IMG]

3. TheJer

TheJer Active Member

I'm wondering if there is anywhere on the site that has threads for locations? I'm trying to find stores in Portland, OR that I can go shop around for jeans and such. I'm really hesitant to buy my first pair of raw jeans with out ever having tried on a pair before, but I have no idea what stores to look for in Portland.

So I guess anyone know Portland or know somewhere I could find a listing of good stores?

4. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Blake comes to mind

5. M5Racer

M5Racer Member

Very few people around these parts are accepting of the casual vest with jeans look as it gives off a generally douchey hipster vibe. With that aside, the shirt you have on is far too casual for a tie and the fact that it has front chest pockets and epaulets make it incompatible with any type of waistcoat. Shoes are fine and jeans should be fine as long as they dont have obnoxious stiching/distressing/back-pocket designs. That being said, your whole outfit isn't really "dressed-up" relative to anything but say, a t-shirt and shorts [​IMG] I would suggest lurking around for awhile and checking out how people are dressing in the waywt thread. good luck in upping your clothing game [​IMG]

Thanks. The jeans are pretty plain, no obnoxious back pockets for me..ever! On the shirt front: I've seen a lot of people wear ties (albeit casual, skinny, non shiny ones) with similar shirts and thought it looked good if done correctly.

Looks like you noticed that it was my first post [​IMG] I've got some learning to do, but it's fun. I live in the Midwest so the bar is fairly low when compared to the coasts or EU, I'll save the good stuff for when I travel to those places.

6. max_r

max_r Senior member

so wool outerwear...

is a polyester/wool blend not a big deal here? seems like almost every wool coat I find has atleast some poly in it, and i'm used to poly blend stuff being the cheap crappy stuff.

7. fartek

fartek Member

Hey everyone.
    I'm just wondering if you could help me find these trainers. (the word "these" is a link). It must be an europe based website, since I don't want to pay high customs.
    My all star size is 10,5 and my adidas trainers are also 10,5 so I guess these should be 10,5 as well (or 11). The website that I've given you the link to seems great, they have a nice price for the shoe, the colour I want but size 10 is what bothers me... I'm afraid they will be too tight.
    Hope that someone can help.
    Thanks [​IMG]

the sizes are "UK sizes"
    I also opened a new thread with this question (didn't see this thread at the time)

once again...

8. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

9. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

Anyone know where i can fnd a pair of Uniqlo vintage chinos in the lighter khaki colour?
    Perhaps someone has one burried in their closet that hasn't been worn much. PM me

10. J.I

J.I Active Member

Dior sneakers sizing compared to other brands such as raf, kva, cp?

11. fartek

fartek Member

12. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Senior member

Any APC petite standard sales anywhere?

13. *Tee*

*Tee* Senior member

I'm beasting over an Undercover coat and wonder if I should go with size 3/III or 4/IV !?
    I'm usually a EU48 or a small EU50 ( if I want to wear a thick sweater under it ) in most coats. 18" shoulder width and 20.5" chest width are pretty much ideal for me...

Any opinions ?

14. Dynasty

Dynasty Active Member

15. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

[​IMG] Is it still possible to find this color anywhere? Which season is it? I've searched but can't find it...