Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Mountains

Mountains Senior member

Question: what exactly are Dior Clawmarks? I've googled, but to no avail.

It's a denim wash Dior put out a couple years ago. Circa 2007 maybe?

example:

[​IMG]

2. a2_hennessy

a2_hennessy Senior member

Ah, so it's the name of the wash. Thanks! [​IMG]

3. Shirt+Pants

Shirt+Pants Senior member

Does anyone know of any decent stores in Miami? It'd be nice to be able to try things on before buying them for a change. Return shipping adds up.

4. fartek

fartek Member

Hey everyone.
    I'm just wondering if you could help me find these trainers. (the word "these" is a link). It must be an europe based website, since I don't want to pay high customs.
    My all star size is 10,5 and my adidas trainers are also 10,5 so I guess these should be 10,5 as well (or 11). The website that I've given you the link to seems great, they have a nice price for the shoe, the colour I want but size 10 is what bothers me... I'm afraid they will be too tight.
    Hope that someone can help.
    Thanks [​IMG]

the sizes are "UK sizes"
    I also opened a new thread with this question (didn't see this thread at the time)

5. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Hi. Can anyone give me any recommendations for shoe glue? I've tried super gluing the sole of a pair of boots before but it didn't hold so I was going to try this.

6. float

float Senior member

looking to get a pair of rw wabasha 9179's in either 10.5 or 11. anyone with of wabashas in either size that can note a sole measurement? won't be a simple return if it doesn't work out.

7. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

[​IMG]
    Next week my boyfriend birthday, i want buy a pair of sunglass, i have choose one.
    http://eyeskey.com/product_detail.as...2D%3E326%2D%3E
    but i don't know it's good enough? I'd rather buy one good/expensive pair than a bunch of cheap crappy pairs.

Can somebody give me advice?

8. Doot

Doot Active Member

HELP! I can't figure out what brand+model these are. But they look sexy: [​IMG]

9. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

i figure there is a thread somewhere around here about rrl jeans sizing, but i cant find it anywhere. what are the general sizing guidelines on rrl jeans? size up, size down etc.

10. Riio

Riio Senior member

HELP! I can't figure out what brand+model these are. But they look sexy:

[​IMG]

those are muji good fit sneakers - i bought a pair in 9.5 but they run pretty big, about a full size i'd say

11. srendam

srendam Senior member

those are muji good fit sneakers - i bought a pair in 9.5 but they run pretty big, about a full size i'd say

I think springcourts look a tad better

12. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

What's a good width for a casual belt? Going to order some custom made ones and I'm trying to decide between 1.5" or 1.75". I'm uncertain because I've only worn 1.5" belts and figured a wider belt might be better looking. Is 1.75" going to give me problems with belt loops, and will it look too wide/awkward?

13. M5Racer

M5Racer Member

I'm going to a TED talk immediately after work today, and would like to dress up my work outfit a bit. I'm a director at an internet company and it's casual to the point where I get funny looks if I dress up even slightly.

I'm wearing this shirt:
    [​IMG]

with a pair of slim fit Seven Jeans (Organic Denim, very dark blue)

and these shoes:
    [​IMG]

I'm thinking of adding this vest and a skinny black matching tie to dress it up a little:
    [​IMG]

I tried the vest on as I rushed out this morning and it seemed like it'd work, but I can't tell if it'll have too much going on or not. Thoughts & opinions are appreciated.

14. travo

travo Member

Best rise?

I'm not exactly sure what the rise on jeans means? I think it has something to do with the crotch area and how closely the Jeans go up... Anyways I'm wondering if all things equal with a pair of dark denim jeans if I should have a preference on this? I'm 6 ft 140 lbs if build matters, on the tall side and very slim.

(I'm looking at some 511's one has 10 1/8 rise the other 9 5/8)

Thanks in advance.

15. max_r

max_r Senior member

Best rise? I'm not exactly sure what the rise on jeans means? I think it has something to do with the crotch area and how closely the Jeans go up... Anyways I'm wondering if all things equal with a pair of dark denim jeans if I should have a preference on this? I'm 6 ft 140 lbs if build matters, on the tall side and very slim. (I'm looking at some 511's one has 10 1/8 rise the other 9 5/8) Thanks in advance.
    the rise is the measurement of how high the crotch area is, measured like this; [​IMG] for the most part its down to preference. but i find that people with long torsos and short legs tend to favor high rises because it balances out their proportions, and people with short torsos and long legs tend to favor lower rises. 511's have a pretty low rise, 501's have a high rise. I tend to aim for a medium rise, i try to get jeans that have a rise of about 10", usually no less than like 9.5" though. your best bet for figuring out what works for you is to go to a mall or something and try on jeans with various rises to see what you prefer.