Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. AHShadow

AHShadow Senior member

Too vague there as it depends on the cut, but there's plenty of sales happening right now, so I suggest checking out the list of approved online stores on pinned in the SW&D forum and start searching around.

Okay, well I need a slim grey jean that I'll be wearing for University this coming fall. I already have my go-to indigo jeans (men without a country) and seeing a Grey jean that fits quite similar but a bit less tight in the thighs. Iirc APC has grey jeans but can't seem to find any store that sells them. I saw that &F sell grey jeans, but I'm not sure if I should get the 28's and hope they don't stretch past 30" (cause I like the jeans to sit on my hip).

Again, thanks for the help!

2. Islander

Islander Senior member

Try here

I'm on a budget right now and looking for some nice grey jeans pref. under 175$. What would be the best jeans to get? I remember APC having them, but don't know where. Dior is too expensive for me.

Thanks for the help!

3. young Ego

young Ego Senior member

4. ppalgan

ppalgan New Member

Hello, I'm new to styleforum and I thought I could find some help looking for jeans that fit.

I'm 5'7", quite skinny, and male. I'm looking for size 27x29, low-rise, slim through the leg (but not skinny or skin tight), with a 17 - 18" leg opening. The wash I'm looking for in particular would be a very light/pale blue.

I don't have a specific price range in mind, but anything that is within reason. Also I will be going to both Japan and Korea this summer so if the jeans I described are not available in the US, but available in those locations, that works as well.

As a reference, I currently have a couple pairs of Levi's 527 that are 28x30. My problems with theses are that they're loose at the waist, slightly wide at the thighs, the length is slightly too long which combined with the 18.5 - 19' leg opening makes jeans drown my shoes which causes the back of the bottom to drag and fray.

I've looked at boys sizes and although they fit somewhat better than my current jeans I was not happy with the wash or the quality of the jeans. I'm also open to wearing women's jeans provided it isn't obvious that they are for women (i.e. very small pockets, feminine embroidery).

5. ysb

ysb Senior member

Okay, well I need a slim grey jean that I'll be wearing for University this coming fall. I already have my go-to indigo jeans (men without a country) and seeing a Grey jean that fits quite similar but a bit less tight in the thighs. Iirc APC has grey jeans but can't seem to find any store that sells them. I saw that &F sell grey jeans, but I'm not sure if I should get the 28's and hope they don't stretch past 30" (cause I like the jeans to sit on my hip).

Again, thanks for the help!

sent you a PM about this but might as well give Stel's the business they deserve. A lot of their stock, including NDG and W+H denim is on sale for 50% off. If they have your size I'd definitely try a pair of wings and horns denim

www.shopstels.com

6. bwsbbc

bwsbbc Senior member

[​IMG] I need some help for how to wear a basic rugby shirt without looking like and idiot. I saw that Michael Bastian likes to layer them in winter with an ocbd and a tie underneath and wear it like a polo sweater, but i'm not sure if this look makes you look like a doofus. I'm going to use Dan Trepanier as an example (sorry Mafoofan). My rugby is straight navy with a white oxford collar, but i don't want to wear it plain. Any ideas? If you don't like a rugby, please no flaming. I'm only 15 and still trying to find my style. Check out the blog in the sig if you want to give me some advice based on some sort of content. Thanks!

7. ramp

ramp Senior member

Anyone familiar with the quality and sizing of Fifth Avenue Shoe Repair shirts? Looking at a linen one in particular.

8. JesseJB

JesseJB Senior member

How high should your trouser hems come up when sitting down?

9. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

10. roy10

roy10 New Member

I just got some low top converse in the same size as the hi top I always wear, and I noticed the back of my heel gets this slipping sensation sporadically while wearing them. Is my size wrong, or is it in their nature since they're so low-cut? It doesn't make them unwearable, just kind of annoying.

11. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

Aside from RRL, who else makes heavy/heavier wight denim jeans?

12. ramp

ramp Senior member

So, the last two pairs of pants I bought (Damir and Petrov) have the back pockets sewn shut. Why do they do this? Are the pants gonna self-destruct if I take a seam-ripper to them?

13. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

So, the last two pairs of pants I bought (Damir and Petrov) have the back pockets sewn shut. Why do they do this? Are the pants gonna self-destruct if I take a seam-ripper to them?

This is done (in more upscaly products in my experience) to keep pockets from being used or damaged and keep garments more "in-tact" on a rack or during fittings. I like when pants have this personally. It should come undone without scissors usually, but not a big deal to cut.

14. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

So I am looking for some good examples of 'boot-tuck'.

I know chrono did it a ton w/ his Israeli boots, and I searched, I was just wondering if anyone had any other ideas for keywords I might use other than

'issue'

'boot'

and

'combat boot'

that might yield results. Also, does chris post on any other forums? Is anyone aware?

15. flyguy7

flyguy7 Senior member

where to kop for a new pair? am i stuck cruising ebay at this point?
    [​IMG]