• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Regg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are still wearable, but I am concerned that just like the Uniqlo pant, these will become unwearable after the second wash. After the first wash, those were also wearable, but never stretched out and after the second wash became unwearable. Hope these stretch out. Honestly, I knew there will be some shrinkage, but wasn't expecting this much.
Put em on when wet and that'll stretch em out more

HighGround

Reaction score
Any tailor recommendations in the Chicago area? I'm in the western suburbs, looking to get a pair of jeans tapered. Most of the tailors in my area have some sketchy reviews / are bridal seamstresses. I'm willing to drive a little to find somebody reliable.

hindi ako

Reaction score
Coming from classic menswear, how do you guys feel about colour combination 'rules' or breaking that mindset when trying something new? I wore a Charcoal bakers/chore jacket today with navy pants and thought it looked good, but couldn't get out of my head the typical bad combo rule of charcoal and navy combo.

Regg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coming from classic menswear, how do you guys feel about colour combination 'rules' or breaking that mindset when trying something new? I wore a Charcoal bakers/chore jacket today with navy pants and thought it looked good, but couldn't get out of my head the typical bad combo rule of charcoal and navy combo.
charcoal and navy doesn't sound bad to me, but to your question, I don't think there should be any hard rules about color combinations. furthermore, if you think it looks good, wear it

styleforumfan

Reaction score
Is France's Le Mont St Michel the oldest and most original/classic of all chore jackets? What's your opinion on the current production?

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is France's Le Mont St Michel the oldest and most original/classic of all chore jackets? What's your opinion on the current production?

Does it have to be dark blue? I'd get a vintage one if you want classic, they look awesome.

styleforumfan

Reaction score
Does anyone know what denim jacket is this? I like the wash and wondering if there's something similar available.

ale.jpg

upsett1_spaghett1

Reaction score
Charcoal and navy can look great together. Just like navy and black. I wear black pants with brown boots often, or vice versa. There's a lot of old school color rules that are super limiting and based mostly on formality of situations. given that most of those situations don't exist anymore have fun

swooc

Reaction score
does dior homme still sell raw denim? feeling nostaligic about the dart and want it on my butt again.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does dior homme still sell raw denim? feeling nostaligic about the dart and want it on my butt again.
Funny you should ask that...I've always wanted a pair so just checked their site. the answer is: sort of. there's a denim described as "brut" but has polyester and 1% elastane. https://www.dior.com/fr_fr/products/couture-013DS00A214X_C540-jean-slim-coton-stretch-bleu-brut

There are also a couple of raw-ish models with print on the reverse of the denim.

i like a lot of the stuff on the Dior jeans line -- the denim overshirt is super. I'd never pay that much but if you can afford it, I suspect it will age well.

swooc

Reaction score
^thanks. material composition isnt too important. though it would be nice to have the selvedge seam. that leather tag though. yikes!

i think the price is ok. i remember they were around that price back in the days. though being an old fart these days, i can no longer drop a g (in aud) on a pair of jeans without getting a heart attack lol.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for some slimish tapered ripstop cargo pants. I had a pair from Penguin, but they became too small so would like to replace them. I see that Vuori sells some, but reading the reviews, a lot of people had durability issues with those, specifically knees blowing out.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.