• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s what I was thinking, just wasn’t sure. Never had a waist taken-in before.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you guys ship items internationally? I went to UPS to ship an item that probably weighed 2 lbs including the box to Italy and they quoted me $100. I mentioned it was a return that I paid 12 Euros shipping for and they said that was the corporate rate.

Any tricks to shipping with USPS? Are the flat rate boxes for US only? I think it was said if you order flat rate boxes they're free but if you go in they charge you for the box (there's a price on the boxes) and then you pay the shipping rate? Thanks.

Regg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check the online rates, both ups and usps should be cheaper online.

As for the other question, no you don't need extra fabric to take in a waist

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
USPS showed $35 online but that still seemed high. Is international shipping that expensive? When I last did it like 5 or 6 years ago I thought it was closer to $20

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for black socks (can be calve or ankle length) that are reasonably durable but relatively thin/summer friendly

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any tricks to shipping with USPS? Are the flat rate boxes for US only? I think it was said if you order flat rate boxes they're free but if you go in they charge you for the box (there's a price on the boxes) and then you pay the shipping rate? Thanks.
You don't have to pay for flat rate boxes, it's included in the shipping price. I can only assume you were looking at the boxes you do need to pay for. I think those are boxes that are not standard in size.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You don't have to pay for flat rate boxes, it's included in the shipping price. I can only assume you were looking at the boxes you do need to pay for. I think those are boxes that are not standard in size.
Thanks maybe it was a mix up or I was mistaken and brought it up not assembled to the cashier without my item packaged in it and mentioned needing a box and was charged.

yunBW

Reaction score
Hi, I wonder if anyone know any reputable dry cleaner in LA (closer to Pasadena for a velvet jacket? Thank you

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am in a friend's wedding which is black tie. I have a pair of Common Projects Derby Shines - would these look out of place with a tux?

Image can be seen here: https://media.endclothing.com/media/catalog/product/0/4/04-03-2019_commonprojects_derbyshine_black_2133-7547_ka_1.jpg
IMO, yes. the natural "welt" will attract too much attention. It's also not an oxford shoe. I'd expect a friend in my wedding party to pick an appropriate pair of shoes for a tux. What your friend finds appropriate could differ than what I consider appropriate though.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMO, yes. the natural "welt" will attract too much attention. It's also not an oxford shoe. I'd expect a friend in my wedding party to pick an appropriate pair of shoes for a tux. What your friend finds appropriate could differ than what I consider appropriate though.
Often times a pair of cheap but appropriate attire is better than expensive but inappropriate

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.