1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Torulf

Torulf Active Member

1. The quality is good but the shoes fit poorly
    2. The quality is poor but the fit is good
    3. The quality and fit is good but the last does not work well with the feet
    4. The quality, fit and last are all perfect because I like the look
    Any of the above. Hope this helps (no sarcasm intended).

2. visigoth

visigoth Active Member

What do you guys think of the stitching pattern on the top/front of these Scarosso Chelsea boots? I'm told the make is good quality -- black rapid, buffalo leather sole -- and these are on sale for 185 euro in washed black calfskin. I can't decide whether this detail looks interesting, or weird, or perhaps cheap (a shortcut in construction). Thoughts?

(I'd buy the black version, and wear them both informally and with a grey suit.)

Scarosso.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018

3. krudsma

krudsma Member

EDIT: WRONG THREAD SORRY

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018

4. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Senior Member

I'm hoping somebody can point me in the right direction...

I want to try some looser, more drapey fits- just clothes that are more comfortable. I'm looking for soft fabrics, neutral colors. Not quite as boho as Kapital and not quite as dark as RO.

Anybody have any ideas of brands that might fit the bill?

This brand comes close...
    http://www.drcollectors.com/rancho-san-pedro-aw15/uzm6e3twygrdcbnj2jyu9jz8w8ca70
    http://www.drcollectors.com/topanga-corral/xja8jz95pakx70obcpua2h0xbz8uhn
    http://www.drcollectors.com/joshua-tree/2017/2/27/x8vac3p4o9eexnxmcpzf8kcewo2lbc
    http://www.drcollectors.com/joshua-tree/oh1vl0iumemi6pzbaud2h1j6z5igkp
    http://www.drcollectors.com/joshua-tree/0th2fop4zss1vfw6m5gfny7vcbevgx

5. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Senior Member

Wow, I just realized this thread is DEAD.

6. noob in 89

noob in 89 Distinguished Member

Evan Kinori has been recommended to me as a brand with a looser, breezy aesthetic. (Unfortunately, it’s still stupid expensive, so no first-hand experience — but the fit pics look nice).

I love Our Legacy and Engineered Garments jackets, which can be worn loose. (Not that they orbit in the same universe as RO, but still...)

7. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Senior Member

Excellent! Thanks for the suggestions. I especially like the OL stuff I just looked at. Thanks for pointing me in those directions.

For anybody else who may be interested, here are a couple other brands I found (they are more streetwear and not quite as lux as other brands favored on this forum)...
    Zanerobe
    Publish

8. styleforumfan

styleforumfan Senior Member

What's your opinion on LA brand RTA?

9. Kelvin0683

Kelvin0683 Senior Member

Any recommendations for parkas ranging from $200-$500 for upstate NY weather? I like the look of the Carhartt WIP Clash Parka, but the arms aren't ribbed.

10. heatzh

heatzh New Member

Hey guys

Want to know what TNF Jacket this is?

The guy wearing it ist from Japan. Not sure if it's a exclusive one, or maybe TNF Purple Label. My research had no result.

Thank you!

11. Regg

Regg Distinguished Member

supreme garbage?

12. heatzh

heatzh New Member

Hey. I really appreciate your try to help. The Supreme x TNF Mountain Parka looks similar, but I don't think it's Supreme.

13. Jananii

Jananii New Member

Hello guys,

Myself is Janani interested in Fashion you know as women have an idea in women's wear, but not in the men's. So anybody can suggest a casual men's dress will be helpful. As to suggest me any clarification is required please let me know. I just planned to get within next week so before that need to get some solution.

14. JSAN

JSAN Senior Member

Whats the sizing like on MOMA, replies from 2013 say to size down one but anyone got their shoes recently?
    Also how's the quality compared to Buttero/NDC/Marsell/Officine Creative?