1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. ryannn

ryannn Senior member

2. DenimFreak411

DenimFreak411 Well-Known Member

http://shop.3sixteen.com/collections...-black-ripstop

That probably would fit exactly like that.

I know 3sixteen sells those, but I've seen fit pictures that do not fit like that.

Any suggestions for other types of jackets? I'd REALLY appreciate it.

3. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

Anywhere that does chainstitching in Auckland, NZ?

got a pair of KMWs on the way and would like to do them full justice with a chain stitch on the hem, but may have to resort to a regular lockstitch. No big deal, just would prefer a chainstitch if possible.

4. treysfull

treysfull Member

Sure it has been covered a million times but I can't find where after 15 mins of searching on here. What is the accepted resource on here that shows you how to take all of the various measurements of yourself. How will this measurement correspond to various online or real stores' sizes on their clothes? Thanks.

edit: I just randomly googled for this info but different sites had different methods and I don't know which one is "right".

5. APK

APK Senior member

Is it advisable to remove darting from trousers? I have my eye on a pair, but it's got darting at the thighs, which just looks silly to me. I know you can remove darting from shirting, but I haven't seen it mentioned with regards to pants.

6. Kent Money

Kent Money Senior member

Anywhere that does chainstitching in Auckland, NZ?

got a pair of KMWs on the way and would like to do them full justice with a chain stitch on the hem, but may have to resort to a regular lockstitch. No big deal, just would prefer a chainstitch if possible.

The orange chainstitching that comes standard on KMWs is really cool. It's the reason I've hesitated to hem my jeans.

Im not sure, but maybe Andy Whall could do the hemjob for you?

7. Kent Money

Kent Money Senior member

Sure it has been covered a million times but I can't find where after 15 mins of searching on here. What is the accepted resource on here that shows you how to take all of the various measurements of yourself. How will this measurement correspond to various online or real stores' sizes on their clothes? Thanks. edit: I just randomly googled for this info but different sites had different methods and I don't know which one is "right".
    BiG has a good guide on jean dimensions. There is also a good guide for shirting/jackets that was made for TOJ purposes. I do not, however, remember the link. Someone?
    Is it advisable to remove darting from trousers? I have my eye on a pair, but it's got darting at the thighs, which just looks silly to me. I know you can remove darting from shirting, but I haven't seen it mentioned with regards to pants.
    I'm not sure why, but It seems like a bad idea. If you like the cut of the jeans with the darts, the cut will drastically change when you remove the darts...

8. flytothesky

flytothesky Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Do any of you guys know what Chambray or workshirt Drake is wearing in this picture? I would really like to purchase one that looks similar atleast color wise. Any Suggestions?

9. Kent Money

Kent Money Senior member

10. FiveFiveFive

FiveFiveFive Senior member

Kinda looks like Nom de Guerre.

11. sle-z-e

sle-z-e Senior member

I need some workboots for this summer. I'll be in the warehouse of my family's lumberyard so they don't need to be waterproof or anything. comfort on concrete floors is gonna be the biggest selling feature. red wing has a store in my city but are there any recommendations before i head over there? any other brands that are available in canada?

12. Kent Money

Kent Money Senior member

Considering comfort and working on smooth concrete as a factor, you'll probably want some sort of rubber sole; Vibram or something 'crepe'. Vibram is tried and true, however.

Doc Martens and the wedge-sole Redwings are obvious choices. You really can't go wrong with Doc Martens, though, and they're pretty affordable.

Epaulet has a horsehide, Vibram soled shoe as well...

13. Kent Money

Kent Money Senior member

Could someone PLEASE tell me what the SF x Context coupon/discount is?

14. ryannn

ryannn Senior member

There is no discount, just Context cash (every $100 spent is $10 in Context cash).

15. uvmboi13

uvmboi13 Senior member

So I am contemplating a new look for my wardrobe:

White dress shirt, black skinny tie, and grey fitted cardigan for top.
    And a pair of jeans for bottom.

Quick questions:

1. What shoes do you recommend for this outfit?
    2. Is this look acceptable?
    3. Where do you suggest I buy the dress shirt, skinny tie, and cardigan?
    4. What are acceptable prices for each of the 3 items I listed?

I know I am asking a lot but I wanna get it right. Thanks much for helping ahead of time!

16. Seanallen

Seanallen Senior member

I've been trying to get a pair of German Army Trainers, I've searched a few surplus sites with no luck. I would rather not go on eBay but I'm going to guess that is what I'm going to have to do. Anybody know where I can pick them up?

17. dstrkt

dstrkt Member

Going to PA, what boots to get: Red Wing GT, Katahdin? Any other suggestions?

18. Kent Money

Kent Money Senior member

For a good, rugged, entry level boot, both are good choices. I think the Katahdin may be a little more affordable, though. And in my humble opinion, I think the Katahdin's look a little better. And with LLBeans return/service policies, you will never have a doubt in your mind whether or not you will get your moneys worth.

19. the shah

the shah Senior member

20. CiscoUsername

CiscoUsername Active Member

I'm looking for a nice spring jacket. I have an Arc'teryx rain jacket I like a lot already, so I just want something to layer over shirts to provide some extra warmth. I like Baracutas but I think they're too old-man-golfy. I really like the red ones but they're too James-Dean-y.

Any ideas along those lines? Any particularly good non-Baracuta Harrington jackets?

I'm also thinking about getting this jacket by Filson. Thoughts?
    [​IMG]