Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. notabigdeal

notabigdeal New Member

Hi everyone.
    I've always had difficulty finding jeans to fit my body. My legs are not skinny but not that wide either. My shoulders are too wide and built compared to my waistline and legs.
    What kind of style / brand denim do you recommend?

2. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

can anyone suggest a spray that i can use on my canvas shoes that would prevent stains?

3. Bakes

Bakes Senior member

anywhere online to buy LOVA shirts? Their shirts are some of the few that fit me right. Bought a couple from Gilt in the past but can't seem to find them anywhere else online.

4. Hollowthorn

Hollowthorn Senior member

Can anyone suggest alternatives to the jcrew "Secret Wash point-collar poplin shirt" in a similar price range? (I want a thicker fabric; like their winter/fall version of the shirt) thanks

5. Thrifter

Thrifter Senior member

Can anyone help me find some threads that actually discuss HOW to acquire a sense of style, or the technical elements of putting together a good fit? It's very easy for me to dress well by copying other fits or lookbooks, etc, or just by having simple well-fitted staples, but that's not really what I mean.

I'm thinking something like 'Dressing the Man' but for SW&D. Also more philosophical threads on style are good too.

iblurkmore

6. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

whats the 19cm and 21 cm stand for in the dior jeans? where is this measurement taken from?

7. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Hem across on a size 32. +/- .5cm for each size.

8. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Hi everyone.
    I've always had difficulty finding jeans to fit my body. My legs are not skinny but not that wide either. My shoulders are too wide and built compared to my waistline and legs.
    What kind of style / brand denim do you recommend?

I would go with straight leg jeans. Nothing too slim. Have you tried Levi's 501s?

anywhere online to buy LOVA shirts? Their shirts are some of the few that fit me right. Bought a couple from Gilt in the past but can't seem to find them anywhere else online.

Revolve Clothing, Ssense, and Tobi used to have them. I don't see any shirts on them right now, just other stuff. Maybe you can email them and ask if they expect any new clothes?

9. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Can anyone suggest alternatives to the jcrew "Secret Wash point-collar poplin shirt" in a similar price range? (I want a thicker fabric; like their winter/fall version of the shirt) thanks

You can try rugby. If you want a thicker fabric wouldn't you choose something instead of poplin? I think poplin shirts in general are thin.

10. Hollowthorn

Hollowthorn Senior member

You can try rugby. If you want a thicker fabric wouldn't you choose something instead of poplin? I think poplin shirts in general are thin.
    Thanks for responding. I actually have a rugby OCBD. I'm looking for a shirt that is basically the same as the jcrew one in the sense that the collar isn't a button down. Not sure if they have a specific name. Hopefully this clears it up edit: I guess this is what im looking for; but with no logo http://www.rugby.com/shop/item.aspx?...180&cp=3138868

11. CrazyJew

CrazyJew Senior member

I've been looking for a cheap but not ugly pair of running shoes to use for jogging a few miles every other morning, mostly on sidewalks and roads. No country turf. The only pair I have right now is some 6 year old Pumas that don't fit my feet anymore. I saw Adidas SLVR on the gilt mixed sale today. I understand that SLVR accentuates organic construction and fashion, but how are they for actual running? Mind you, I'm not going into competition or anything crazy like that. Just a good looking pair of running shoes. I'm looking at either the suede low tops or the anniline leather low tops. http://www.gilt.com/sale/splash/final-sale-b99/20447995

12. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

13. Jakewasthe

Jakewasthe Member

What is the name of this fashion (For men, obviously, but this is the best representative of what I mean)? http://picfu.net/e398b6 I've googled "classy punk" "modern elegant punk style for men" "punk chic" "modern military layered punk style" but nothing seems to fit. The general forum told me to come here, so... incidentally, how does one post pictures? the Insert Picture>Insert Link isn't working at all; when I do that, it's just blank, not even a link.

14. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

What is the name of this fashion (For men, obviously, but this is the best representative of what I mean)?
    http://picfu.net/e398b6

I've googled "classy punk" "modern elegant punk style for men" "punk chic" "modern military layered punk style" but nothing seems to fit. The general forum told me to come here, so...

incidentally, how does one post pictures? the Insert Picture>Insert Link isn't working at all; when I do that, it's just blank, not even a link.

cosplay

15. three_man

three_man Active Member

2 questions:

anyone here know the fit of carhartt button down shirts? SLim or BLocky?

good brands that sell slim fit button down shirts (all I know is AnF)?