Ask a Fitness Model

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Noir., Jan 16, 2009.

1. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

thibs plan is supposed to be ultimate mass program.

I like the Waterbury idea for tempo: control the eccentric, accelerate through the concentric.

What's Thib's new plan supposed to be like?

You've made it abundantly clear that you feel science as applied to nutrition is needlessly complicated, so why the hell would you want to discuss it?

2. Noir.

Noir. Senior member

so far so good. bloating is gone, down another .25 inch on waist and 3 lbs.

waiting 2 weeks or refeed on superbowl sunday?

3. lefty

lefty Senior member

Whatever credibility Berardi had he lost after he offered to give free material to anyone who posted a positive revue of his book on amazon. After someone schooled him in ethics he quickly destroyed all evidence of the offer.

Then there was the time he started trolling for readers on JP's - "Hey fellows, I'm here to help!" When people bought his book and started asking questions he responded with, "I don't have time to answer guys who only paid 12 dollars for a book when I have clients that pay me over 100 dollars an hour!"

Not that I much care how big/small/strong/weak someone is, but here are his latest measurements:

Neck - 15in
    Shoulders - 49in
    Chest - 37.7in
    Arm - 14.2in
    Waist - 33in
    Hip - 36.7in
    Thigh - 22in
    Calf - 14.5in

Massive eating for the win.

lefty

4. Noir.

Noir. Senior member

^ are those stats legit? link?

I heard about the positive review thing - that was sketch as can be. He does put out some decent info though IMO.

5. James Bond

James Bond Senior member

Whatever credibility Berardi had he lost after he offered to give free material to anyone who posted a positive revue of his book on amazon. After someone schooled him in ethics he quickly destroyed all evidence of the offer. Then there was the time he started trolling for readers on JP's - "Hey fellows, I'm here to help!" When people bought his book and started asking questions he responded with, "I don't have time to answer guys who only paid 12 dollars for a book when I have clients that pay me over 100 dollars an hour!" Not that I much care how big/small/strong/weak someone is, but here are his latest measurements: Neck - 15in Shoulders - 49in Chest - 37.7in Arm - 14.2in Waist - 33in Hip - 36.7in Thigh - 22in Calf - 14.5in Massive eating for the win. lefty
    At those measurements, he looks like this: [​IMG]

6. Noir.

Noir. Senior member

^ that's what I didn't get... it seems like he has a significantly larger drop than that. Arms too... not a chance they're 14s at least judging by the pic.

7. lefty

lefty Senior member

I don't believe he's mastered the tape measure yet.

14.5" arms seem accurate as he's a short dude. He also claims 5% in that photo which I doubt.

Anyway, not one of my favourite interweb fitness gurus.

lefty

8. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

superbowl, but there's a lot more fat than carbs on the menu [​IMG]

going close to 0g carbs this week; only 25 after training, lots of bcaa, creatine and glutamine

waiting 2 weeks or refeed on superbowl sunday?

9. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Senior member

^ thats not 5%. 10% maybe.

10. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

look at the lats; that drop makes no sense.

At those measurements, he looks like this:

[​IMG]

11. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i dunno, overall i had hoped my progress would be a little more, um...progressive. i see a difference by i've been eating/training strictly by the book. i dunno

12. Noir.

Noir. Senior member

keep it slow and steady and hopefully you'll keep more muscle by the end of it.

He looks ~10% to me. maybe slightly lower because his legs look pretty damn cut from what you can see (i.e. defined teardrop). But yeah... every one of those measurements except waist is smaller than mine. i posted on p.8 and there's no way i'm bigger than him. 37" chest is what I'm having the hardest time with. Any way you look at it there's no way he has a sub-5" drop...

13. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Senior member

Noir, when you cut for a shoot, what do aim for, 5.5 - 6 %?

14. wiscogooner

wiscogooner Senior member

kunk - doing a refeed this weekend, should I shoot for the 10g/lb ratio for carbs?

Seems like the usual amount for a refeed, but I know you're seeing some good results and was wondering if that's what you've been using for figuring out how much you need to get in.

15. Noir.

Noir. Senior member

It depends to be honest. I'd like to get in the 5-6% range, yes. A dry 5% is perfectly fine. Much leaner than that and I might worry about how the striations would look on film. I've only been that low once, and usually fall around 7% [​IMG] but that's still low and works fine for most things. My last one I was around the 9% range, but i was still dry. We were trying to recreate some grecian sculptures or whatever she had in her book, so it ended up being fine for that.