1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Asian Women Represent! Miss Japan crowned Miss Universe 2007!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by amerikajinda, May 29, 2007.

1. Bic Pentameter

Bic Pentameter Senior member

It just hit me.

Last month I attended a business reception in Tokyo. My eye (and almost everyone else's) was caught by a very tall Japanese woman in a cocktail dress. I tried not to stare.

I later learned that she was Japan's representative to the Miss Universe pageant. Turns out, I have been in the same room with this woman. She certainly stood out in a room full of 50 year old Japanese executives.

Bic

2. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

It just hit me.

Last month I attended a business reception in Tokyo. My eye (and almost everyone else's) was caught by a very tall Japanese woman in a cocktail dress. I tried not to stare.

I later learned that she was Japan's representative to the Miss Universe pageant. Turns out, I have been in the same room with this woman. She certainly stood out in a room full of 50 year old Japanese executives.

Bic

hmm... how tall?

3. Bic Pentameter

Bic Pentameter Senior member

Hmmm tough to say.....To be honest, I can't honestly say that I remember her face. I imagine now that you will tell me that the woman who won is really 5' 4" so it couldn't have been her.

Early in the evening, I saw a relatively tall and slender Japanese woman out of the corner of my eye. I thought to myself that she was much better looking than the small number of other women in the room.

As I was leaving the reception I saw her"Miss Japan" sash. I didn't want to ogle her, so I played it cool.

Two weeks later, I saw a fellow who had also attended. He said that the best thing of the whole evening was meeting Miss Japan for the Miss Universe contest. I then remembered that the Japanese rep for the pagent had been at the event.

Bic

4. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

hmm... how tall?
    She's 174cm. (5 feet, 8.5 inches with legs that go on forever...) PERFECTION: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. amerikajinda

There's a reason she's Miss Universe... Miss. F'ing. Universe. She is the epitome of the perfect woman. You can't argue with the title... again, she's MISS. F'ING. UNIVERSE. Thank you, I rest my case. [​IMG] [​IMG] Here she is with Miss India: [​IMG] and with Miss Korea: [​IMG] Why can't my pool look like this: [​IMG]

6. amerikajinda

Rock on, Riyo, rock on...[​IMG] Congratulations, babe. You did us proud! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Rome

Rome Senior member

So how much longer do we have to wait for those "inappropriate pictures" scandal thing to happen to this one?

8. amerikajinda

So how much longer do we have to wait for those "inappropriate pictures" scandal thing to happen to this one?

Fortunately we don't have to worry about anything like that because Japanese women never do anything inappropriate (unlike Paris Hilton, Tara Conner, and other less scrupulous girls).

9. whacked

whacked Senior member

Fortunately we don't have to worry about anything like that because Japanese women never do anything inappropriate (unlike Paris Hilton, Tara Conner, and other less scrupulous girls).
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

You know it's coming [​IMG]. She's not drop dead gorgeous, but hey, I'll take it. [​IMG]

10. lance konami

lance konami Senior member

[​IMG]

Slovak Republic girl blows her away, imo. Damn.

And miss Korea is soooo much hotter. I'm kinda confused over miss japan winning this, she seems rather conventional. She's probably smoking hot in person though.

11. WSW

WSW Senior member

I think Ms Japan belongs in the over-rated beauty thread. [​IMG]

12. amerikajinda

She's probably smoking hot

Yup! 100% smoking hot. As in, please don't touch - you might burn yourself![​IMG]

13. amerikajinda

I think Ms Japan belongs in the over-rated beauty thread. [​IMG]

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo![​IMG] Lucy Liu belongs in that thread. Miss Japan (aka Miss Yooooniverse) is a perfect 10.

14. whacked

whacked Senior member

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo![​IMG] Lucy Liu belongs in that thread. Miss Japan (aka Miss Yooooniverse) is a perfect 10.
    No she's not. [​IMG] Another example:
    [​IMG]
    Miss Korea is wayyyyyyy hotter. It's not even close, really.

15. WSW

WSW Senior member

Normally, I agree with your taste in women, but for this one, I'm sorry that we'll just have to disagree. She just looks too plain, especially compared with the other girls in the photos that are next to her.

16. amerikajinda

Alright then I must admit, you guys are right... I was probably swayed by the fact that she's so tall (one of my weaknesses) and the fact that she's a dancer (another weakness) and she's Japanese (big weakness) so... my judgment is tainted... She wasn't even the tallest girl... [​IMG]

17. Eason

Eason Senior member

+1. Miss Japan looks way to Lucy Liu-ish aka the type of Asian chick white dudes lust after. Judging simply by those pictures I'm surprised she was even crowned Miss Japan.

Miss Korea is hot though. Typical Korean actresses' look.

I always get a kick out of white guys with yellow fever going after every single ugly girl just because she's asian. I haven't figured out if they simply can't tell, because they're another race, or they're so pathetic they don't care? [​IMG]

18. amerikajinda

19. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

5'8" is not that tall. Especially for a model. I need about 5'11"

Does the Korean one look like she has some european heritage? She looks very "white" to me.

20. amerikajinda

I always get a kick out of white guys with yellow fever going after every single ugly girl just because she's asian. I haven't figured out if they simply can't tell, because they're another race, or they're so pathetic they don't care? [​IMG]
    Well, it depends on the white guy with yellow fever, but 95% of the time Asiaphiles simply can't tell AND they're so pathetic they don't care... and even if they could spot a truly beautiful Asian woman, they certainly wouldn't be able to date her, because most Asian women can spot Asiaphiles a mile away and quickly run the opposite direction when they encounter one, so Asiaphiles have no choice but to date the women who will allow themselves to be dated by Asiaphiles (almost exclusively not the pretty ones - as they have already been snapped up by Asian males who recognize true beauty, and because the vast majority of pretty Asian women date within their race). Furthemore, many Asiaphiles are major "otakus" who are so into "Asian Culture" (like Manga or Anime or J-Pop) that they'll just go up to any Asian woman they can find -- it looks to the casual observer that they only go after every ugly Asian girl because they only end up with ugly Asian girls, but some of the braver ones have attempted to talk to non-Lucy Liu types (i.e., pretty Asian women) and are quickly met with a dirty look and a cold shoulder -- and then sometimes a punch to the face by the pretty Asian girl's Asian boyfriend. Of course there does exist that 5% of non-Asian men who are attracted to Asian women, are able to tell which ones are pretty, and can and have dated truly beautiful Asian women who are every bit as gorgeous as the current Miss Universe (like Nantucket Red, Ratboycom and myself, for example).