• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Asian shoulder length hair?

jetpuffed

Reaction score
After seeing this thread regarding growing asian hair long, I was wondering if it is possible for every one to grow that type of hair that falls straight down to the side- about shoulder level. I'm an asian male with short hair. This is the hair cut I hope to achieve - is there a name for it? Any input? thanks
give-jack-yang-some-brotherly-love.jpg
david-beckham-hairstyle-long-10-745460.jpg

jetpuffed

Reaction score
Not really sure. What is considered thin or thick? But if i have to guess, I would say thin hair.

Why? The people in the photos - would you say they have thick hair or think hair?

turbozed

Reaction score
You wanna look like Chan Ho Nam?

I used to have some pretty long hair. Bottom line: it wasn't worth it. Hard to maintain and generally not very attractive (especially to the opposite sex). Handsome guys with long hair are generally handsome in spite of it and not due to it.

Still, experiment with it and see for yourself.

jetpuffed

Reaction score
Yes I want to experiment. Do I just let it grow out and it will naturally fall to the side? I live in quite a suburban area so no salon in town to ask for advice.
Any tips/suggestion?

jetpuffed

Reaction score
bump, anyone? Really looking for suggestion as none of my friends know anything pertaining to this matter.

Astan

Reaction score
it doesnt seem like a good idea. the tend mostly is of short hair really. long hair reminds me of the grung days...

jetpuffed

Reaction score
would it be possible though? For an asian male with a buzzcut to achieve this type of hair style?

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jetpuffed
would it be possible though? For an asian male with a buzzcut to achieve this type of hair style?

Of course.

Asian hair is asian hair. If girls can maintain that length just fine, so can men. Just know there will be an awkward period when it starts to grow past your ears. I say go for it. Too many asians have the same exact haircut. Just keep it clean. I think longer hair can look good on men, but too many asians who sport it are kind of the dirty otaku types.

Don't be worried about thickness unless you are balding. There are a lot of great shampoos that can add volume.

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes it is possible.
Be warned, the period between short hair and long hair sucks nuts.

jetpuffed

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. So when it is long enough, at shoulder length, the hair will naturally look like that (people in the picture)?

Also is there a name for that hair style or it is just called shoulder lenth hair?

turbozed

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. So when it is long enough, at shoulder length, the hair will naturally look like that (people in the picture)?

Also is there a name for that hair style or it is just called shoulder lenth hair?

It'll depend on how wavy or straight your hair naturally is. Invest in a good hair brush.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Viktri
Yes it is possible.
Be warned, the period between short hair and long hair sucks nuts.

yes i can never make it past this stage since it looks super ugly and feels very uncomfortable so i get it cut
frown.gif

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Check out TCHouston... I like his look. Pulled back tight, sort of like a pompadore (I think it's called that). No middle part, just pulled back and all cut across the back of the neck.

jetpuffed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by turbozed
It'll depend on how wavy or straight your hair naturally is. Invest in a good hair brush.

My hair is straight. Wat about the people in the pics?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads