• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Asian dudes getting the short end of the stick

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In a recent sex/dating survey for a local weekly metro newspaper (although it says MARRIED, I'm sure it'd be the same results if it asked "if you DATED outsside your race, which would you prefer").
If you married outside your race, which would you prefer? (female responses) mixed: 40.3 percent Caucasian: 16.2 percent Mediterranean: 11.9 percent Asian: 9.7 percent African origin: 8 percent (male responses) Asian: 29.8 percent mixed: 28.3 percent Latin American: 14 percent Caucasian: 12.7 percent Mediterranean: 8.4 percent
Source: http://www.straight.com/article-6987...hot-mick-s-not Maybe the fact that I'm sitting at home, alone, studying on a Friday night makes this information hit closer to home than usual.
musicboohoo[1].gif
And oh yeah, pun in title was not intentional
rimshot.gif

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey your doing better than me. We were dead last. Fortunately I don't live in Canada.

Mixed was first , but mixed with what exactly ?

GreyFlannelMan

Reaction score
Many of my friends are Asian, great guys all. Too bad about the poll results becuase the ladies are missing out on some cool dudes.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpeirpont
Hey your doing better than me. We were dead last. Fortunately I don't live in Canada.

Mixed was first , but mixed with what exactly ?

Well its more the fact that guys of all races are going after the asian girls, thus creating a short supply of them for the asian guys, who are less "wanted" (according to the poll) by the girls of other races.

And about the mixed... it could be a mix of anything, most mixed girls I've seen are SSSSMOKIN' HOT, its like genetically the most attractive parts of both races combine together. Or could be the fact I notice all the hot mixed girls and igonore all the ugly ones.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Non-Asians seem to have difficulty differentiating the ugly girls from the pretty ones, so I'm hoping that they snatch up all the ugly Asian girls (ugly girls need love too) and leave the rest for those that can tell the difference.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Non-Asians seem to have difficulty differentiating the ugly girls from the pretty ones, so I'm hoping that they snatch up all the ugly Asian girls (ugly girls need love too) and leave the rest for those that can tell the difference.

The only known non-Black in my linage was Chinese Jamaican Cooly, my great, great, grandfather, so I think I should still qualify for the hot Asian women. I don't want to marry so you'd be able to have them back.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpeirpont
The only known non-Black in my linage was Chinese Jamaican Cooly, my great, great, grandfather, so I think I should still qualify for the hot Asian women. I don't want to marry so you'd be able to have them back.

In the 19th century there was a large amount of Chinese men taking black wives. Because there were virtually no Chinese women in America at that time and they certainly couldn't marry a white woman, they married black women.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Non-Asians seem to have difficulty differentiating the ugly girls from the pretty ones

amen rice brother. I've also noticed that esp white guys get all worked up over the most unattractive asian girls, just because they're asian. We have this discussion at my work all the time since a co-worker happens to be one of those white guys. And look at the Nantucket Red is a Lucky Guy thread...some really not-that hot girls that get lots of props

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
amen rice brother. I've also noticed that esp white guys get all worked up over the most unattractive asian girls, just because they're asian. We have this discussion at my work all the time since a co-worker happens to be one of those white guys. And look at the Nantucket Red is a Lucky Guy thread...some really not-that hot girls that get lots of props

I think it's the exotic factor. I also don't think non-Asians can differentiate very well among the different levels of hotness. Case in point, my Irish/English girlfriend thinks I'm good looking. Personally, I think I'm okay looking. Calling myself handsome would be a stretch.

LSeca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am white and married to an Asian, but I certainly can tell the difference between hot and ugly Asian...although I also see alot of other men who can not.

I actually prefer the Japanese women over some of the other Asians for looks.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I vote on banning the words short-asian-stick from appearing together in any thread title or sentance.

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
Well its more the fact that guys of all races are going after the asian girls,

Yep. I have always believe that guys who like asian girls face the most competition for this exact reason.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
I think it's the exotic factor. I also don't think non-Asians can differentiate very well among the different levels of hotness. Case in point, my Irish/English girlfriend thinks I'm good looking. Personally, I think I'm okay looking. Calling myself handsome would be a stretch.
It seems to me Asians have a slightly different criterion for beauty.

For example, Asian men would find the type of Asian women non-Asians lust after slutty and cheap.

It's the same for males, since Asian women tend to find more feminine looking males attractive.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads