1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Asian dudes getting the short end of the stick

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sonick, Feb 10, 2007.

1. javyn

javyn Senior member

Lucy Liu not attractive....WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU THINKING

2. Jl24

Jl24 Senior member

Lucy Liu not attractive....WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU THINKING

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Only white people think Lucy Liu is hot.[​IMG]

3. reac99

reac99 Well-Known Member

Once you go rice, you never think twice.

Funniest ish yet in this thread. [​IMG]

4. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

I find the FOB accent very unattractive.

Japanese accents can be very cute. I'm not so big on the Korean or Chinese accents myself. Vietnamese accents drive my crazy. I can barely even understand anything my girlfriend's mom says to me.

Lucy Liu is pretty. She's not a knockout or anything but I would never kick her out of bed.

5. javyn

javyn Senior member

I think she (Liu) looks better than the two women jinda posted as being "Pretty", not that they aren't, but you know. Yeah I give you Margaret Cho. She looks like the Asian Rosie O'Donnel to me.

6. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

Brian gets it. Lucy isn't "hot", meaning she's not in the 90th percentile of asian women, but she's not ass-ugly. I'm willing to bet most of you wouldn't throw her out of bed, and neither would I.

She looks like she had a stroke in that photo though.

7. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Lucy Liu has a face that the Chinese would call trampy and scheming because of the overly prominent cheekbones. In Chinese culture, prominent cheekbones in a woman are not attractive; instead the connotation is of a bitch.

8. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Like my Mexican co-worker told me, "Yeah vato, we are taking back over America...one fat white chick at a time!". (He really seems to think that all of the country was at one point controlled by Mexico.)

[​IMG]

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Lucy Liu has a face that the Chinese would call trampy and scheming because of the overly prominent cheekbones. In Chinese culture prominent cheekbones in a women is not attractive; instead the connotation is of a bitch.

Additionally, there are a few things about Liu that make her not particular attractive by Asian (specifically Chinese) standards.

1) Her eyes are not symmetric, that takes her out of the running already.
    2) Her features are too sharp - considered a sign of shrewiness.
    3) Nose too long and lips to far from the nose - less charitable Chinese would call her "horse faced."

Of course, she is pretty, and probably more palatable to a lot of white dudes because she is Eurasian, but not a knock out the way Zhang Zhi Zhi is, by any standard.

Silly non-Chinese [​IMG]

10. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Only white people think Lucy Liu is hot.[​IMG]

+1

11. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

Lucy Liu has a face that the Chinese would call trampy and scheming because of the overly prominent cheekbones. In Chinese culture prominent cheekbones in a women is not attractive; instead the connotation is of a bitch.
    she does look like a bitch, but she was fairly good looking a long time ago. i think it's unfair to rate her as she looks now. she is over the hill.

Japanese accents can be very cute.
    they are very cute. best accent other than french. (this applies to women only.)

Yeah vato, we are taking back over America...one fat white chick at a time!
    mexicans don't use the word 'vato'. your friend was obviously a mexican-american or american of mexican descent, however you wish to put it. in the future, please observe the distinction.

btw, the list makes no sense. latin american is not a race. we can be caucasian, black, whatever...

and even treating us as a race, we were left off the female response completely! talk about short end of the stick!

and another btw, in the photos we saw of labelking, i do believe he had a 'mixed' appearance.

12. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Additionally, there are a few things about Liu that make her not particular attractive by Asian (specifically Chinese) standards.

1) Her eyes are not symmetric, that takes her out of the running already.
    2) Her features are too sharp - considered a sign of shrewiness.
    3) Nose too long and lips to far from the nose - less charitable Chinese would call her "horse faced."

Of course, she is pretty, and probably more palatable to a lot of white dudes because she is Eurasian, but not a knock out the way Zhang Zhi Zhi is, by any standard.

Silly non-Chinese [​IMG]

This would be acceptable to the Chinese taste with the somewhat plump face and delicate features:

[​IMG]

they are very cute. best accent other than french. (this applies to women only.)
    But what about German accents?

13. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

This would be acceptable to the Chinese taste with the somewhat plump face and delicate features:

[​IMG]

But what about German accents?

that girl looks so cookie-cutter. i could see her at work every day for a year and still not recognize her if i saw her on the street.

the german accent, as with the argentine, is pleasurable in small doses. by small i mean about 10 minutes.

14. fatty

fatty Senior member

Those figures seem accurate unfortunately, I don't know what people think it means. I think we're so bombarded with white culture and western guys that asian guys are under-represented. Also, plenty of Asian girls will exclusively prefer asian guys, I suppose it's up to the individual.

This Funny australian youtube video about it captures the idea quite accurately.

15. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

I always found it funny in college how picky azn dudes were about asian women in particular. 99.9% weren't much to look at and there was a pretty large sampling at the UC and none of them could get anywhere near even Lucy Liu, most of them prolly had a VTec fleshlight.

Reminds me of a story...
    Once, I was in the engineering computer lab and I was working at a table and this French chick, or whatever she was, sat next to me at the table, all of a sudden there was this swarm of Chinese FOB dudes that migrated over. The head of the pack, about 30 lbs overweight, donned with ill-fitting purple sweat pants, hunter green turtleneck, white tennis shoes, and a fanny pack introduced himself as "Harry Hu" and then sat his fat ass right on top of my notebook that I was writing in and started hitting on this chick who wasn't remotely interested. Had it not been so ridiculous and everyone weren't snickering I would have removed him immediately. I guess he thought he was the dog's bollocks.

16. sonick

sonick Senior member

17. retronotmetro

retronotmetro Senior member

she was fairly good looking a long time ago.

Disagree.

i think it's unfair to rate her as she looks now. she is over the hill.

I think she is no more unattractive today than she was ten years ago when she first started getting notice in TV and film work.

18. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

I think she is no more unattractive today than she was ten years ago...

+1

[​IMG]

19. LSeca

LSeca Senior member

Pretty:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

got it? it's not difficult...

Pretty but def not hot, those women look like 12 yr old girls and prolly have the body to match. I am all for delicate features but these pics do nothing for me. Lucy has sharp features which are not attractive, but at least she looks like a woman and not a 4th grader.

20. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I always found it funny in college how picky azn dudes were about asian women in particular. 99.9% weren't much to look at and there was a pretty large sampling at the UC and none of them could get anywhere near even Lucy Liu, most of them prolly had a VTec fleshlight.

Reminds me of a story...
    Once, I was in the engineering computer lab and I was working at a table and this French chick, or whatever she was, sat next to me at the table, all of a sudden there was this swarm of Chinese FOB dudes that migrated over. The head of the pack, about 30 lbs overweight, donned with ill-fitting purple sweat pants, hunter green turtleneck, white tennis shoes, and a fanny pack introduced himself as "Harry Hu" and then sat his fat ass right on top of my notebook that I was writing in and started hitting on this chick who wasn't remotely interested. Had it not been so ridiculous and everyone weren't snickering I would have removed him immediately. I guess he thought he was the dog's bollocks.

How disgusting. You should pushed him and then told him to go back to his church group to hit on those fat Asian females.