• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Asian dudes getting the short end of the stick

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
I think he's constitutionally incapable of that, his probably-intentionally ironic response to your post notwithstanding.

Sounds good but it's too bad the first things liberals see is skin color. But hey, I'm 1/8th Cherokee so people totally need to see me for who *I* am.
musicboohoo[1].gif

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mister Majestik
Where I'm confused is the statement about your girlfriend. Is she white but somehow looks Asian? Is she mixed? Is the statement "looks Asian" meant to dispel the notion of any difference between anyone of U.S. citizenship regardless of race or ethnicity? In other words, is she of Asian decent, thus acquiring the appearance of one from Asia?

Also, forgive my suspicion but, when one says they don't find Asians particularily attractive, that could mean different things. At first glance, it looks like you mean Asian females which you find quite a bit. However, it's also quite common for this to mean either Asian males only, Asians in general, or Asians in general except the magazine cover-girl type Asian female.

My woman is 100% asian decent. When I say "don't find Asians particularily attractive" I mean typical asians (male and female) who are from asia and have lived there the majority of their lives. They look differently to me, maybe it's the water or simply just their mannerisms and how they carry themselves. I think an American of asian decent is more attractive to me than someone who has lived the majority of their life in asia.

The media has promoted the idea that the standard good-looking white male holds a universal passport in attracting all women.
While the media can certainly prop anyone up. I think it is natural for certain features to be more pleasing to people in general. Babies will stare at pictures of people with bigger eyes longer I once read. I just read a study saying that people with lighter skin are treated better, even amongst caucasians the lighter of the two will get treated better they found.

I'm blonde hair, blue eyed and I never thought that was anything to be proud of. I always thought the dark featured latin lovers got all the action.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
My woman is 100% asian decent. When I say "don't find Asians particularily attractive" I mean typical asians (male and female) who are from asia and have lived there the majority of their lives. They look differently to me, maybe it's the water or simply just their mannerisms and how they carry themselves. I think an American of asian decent is more attractive to me than someone who has lived the majority of their life in asia.

Wow, this in one of the stupidest things I've ever read.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
Unless your girl-friend has some white relatives there is no reason why she would look any different than an immigrant from asia. Also your blanket statement about all foreign born asians is ridiculous.

You aren't very observant then. I'm not saying she looks completely indistinguishable, but her mannerisms, proper hygiene and nutrition make her look "completely" different from her relatives. When I saw her from far away I never once thought she was an immigrant. It is the subtleties that really make a difference and affect my perception. Same goes for eastern europeans or anyone else.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suppose you took one of her relatives and got her braces, intensive english lessons, and american cultural education including mannerisms. Would she still look bad to you. No. She would look like any other asian-american because they are the same genetically and racially.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
To help all you non-Asians who can't discern beauty in Asians:

Not Pretty:

lucyliuhs0.jpg

goldprexx3.jpg

Pretty:

jihyun93lf0.jpg

zzqb1ue8tc8cf1abccb1fe1.jpg

got it? it's not difficult...

I don't know.....I'm non-Asian and I've got a pretty discerning eye. Lucy Liu is absolutely hideous. The girl with the camera def does it for me, the bottom one not so much.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
Suppose you took one of her relatives and got her braces, intensive english lessons, and american cultural education including mannerisms. Would she still look bad to you. No. She would look like any other asian-american because they are the same genetically and racially.
But that doesn't happen. And if you took away all the asian-ness and turned them into an american then that makes this thread way too philosophical. You should also know that certain genes can only be expressed in certain environments. If you took two twins and raised them in different countries, they are not going to look completely identical when they are grown up.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
I don't know.....I'm non-Asian and I've got a pretty discerning eye. Lucy Liu is absolutely hideous. The girl with the camera def does it for me, the bottom one not so much.
hehe, celebrities don't count. I'm talking in general from my experience and I see many of both every day. It is all a matter of preference I guess. Also, Koreans are big into plastic surgery in Korea.

Reaction score
While the media can certainly prop anyone up. I think it is natural for certain features to be more pleasing to people in general. Babies will stare at pictures of people with bigger eyes longer I once read. I just read a study saying that people with lighter skin are treated better, even amongst caucasians the lighter of the two will get treated better they found.
I've also heard that babies are attracted to eye glasses. I guess that would make sense. BTW, how did you end up with an Asian American woman instead of a nice blonde light-skinned Scandanavian*, Anglo-Saxon*, or Germanic* woman?

I'm blonde hair, blue eyed and I never thought that was anything to be proud of. I always thought the dark featured latin lovers got all the action.
You mean we don't?

*American version

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You aren't very observant then. I'm not saying she looks completely indistinguishable, but her mannerisms, proper hygiene and nutrition make her look "completely" different from her relatives. When I saw her from far away I never once thought she was an immigrant. It is the subtleties that really make a difference and affect my perception. Same goes for eastern europeans or anyone else.

This is so laughable. Unless you're pointing out women who work in the fields in China or Thailand, or maybe those who live in the slums in Jakarta or Taipei, majority of the women here in Asia, or at least to every Asian country I visited, are NOT ill-mannered, NOT dirty and NOT malnourished.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
This is so laughable. Unless you're pointing out women who work in the fields in China or Thailand, or maybe those who live in the slums in Jakarta or Taipei, majority of the women here in Asia, or at least to every Asian country I visited, are NOT ill-mannered, NOT dirty and NOT malnourished.

I associate with asian immigrants on a daily basis who would be considered average where they came from. Bottom line, they look different to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads