Asian dudes getting the short end of the stick

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sonick, Feb 10, 2007.

1. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

I think you are spot on with your assessment of beauty but I take exception that this a more valid view. Just because you, me, and most asian people find those women attractive doesn't make them attractive. What if there were 300 million asiaphiles? Would the women they like become "officially pretty" at that point? Beauty is really in the eye of the beholder and it is wrong to put down other peoples likes and dislikes. One example: I think runway models are gross. Gay fashion designers think they're pretty hot so they put them up there and that is fine, but they're not my type. I think they are ugly but if fashion designers think they are pretty, good for them. They can have them all.

I agree... great post.

2. javyn

javyn Senior member

If that's honestly what you believe, then you're the one with obvious issues.

Now, let's start a new thread, but replace "white guy" with "black guy" and "asian woman" with "white woman", and see how fast that thread gets shut down for being racist.

PS - I think Sandra Oh is pretty hot. She was the only reason I'd watch that ridiculously stupid Arliss show on HBO.

3. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

Now, let's start a new thread, but replace "white guy" with "black guy" and "asian woman" with "white woman", and see how fast that thread gets shut down for being racist.

PS - I think Sandra Oh is pretty hot. She was the only reason I'd watch that ridiculously stupid Arliss show on HBO.

I liked Arliss also. Sandra Oh could be on the non-traditional beauty thread. She's no classic beauty.

4. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

Javyn,
    I'll take your suggestion:

dkzzzzz quote with change:

"I always believed that Black guys who are fery, fery much into White girls have some serious issues. They are not very successful in dating asian or black women thus believe that perceived submissive nature of White girls will give them a better shot at successes. Also I believe most of the Black guys who are way too much into White girls are harboring some pedophilia fantasies."

Yup, you're right, it looks ridiculous and absurd! The statement is so silly that it looks absurd and/or stupid rather than racist, though it's all 3!

Racism has many shades and variances in this big world of ours, but hopefully racism has no home and is on the wane!

BTW: I liked Sandra Oh and Arliss! Didn't you find the show funny with the cameo appearances of the sports stars and the satiric humor?

5. fatty

fatty Senior member

The moral of this story is that I'm into bearded, middle age white men.

thats me, let's shag.

6. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

If that's honestly what you believe, then you're the one with obvious issues. Now, let's start a new thread, but replace "white guy" with "black guy" and "asian woman" with "white woman", and see how fast that thread gets shut down for being racist. PS - I think Sandra Oh is pretty hot. She was the only reason I'd watch that ridiculously stupid Arliss show on HBO.
    How many times have you seen a fat, slovenly, completely unattractive dude walking around with a much better looking girl? 9 times out of 10 she is an asian FOB. I think Sandra Oh should most definitely be used in the "definitely not pretty" category for examples.

7. javyn

javyn Senior member

OK YOU GOT ME

I did kind of like Arliss.

8. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

OK YOU GOT ME

I did kind of like Arliss.

Yes and I sort of agree with you in that Sandra Oh espoused OTFC (other than facial beauty!)

She isn't that much to look at, but she sure fills out those clothes well.

And the Arliss show would have made a good sartorial thread.

9. javyn

javyn Senior member

Yeah, they were well dressed in that show. The episode where she was fencing caused me to fall in love.

10. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I think Sandra Oh should most definitely be used in the "definitely not pretty" category for examples.
    Correct. She seems to be a very effective litmus test.

11. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

So far, I've agreed with the Asian men in this thread in their estimations of which Asian women are attractive and which aren't. But I'm a white guy. Does that make me an honorary Asian guy? And if so, am I to understand that it's less likely that women will find me to be marriage material? And that I have the ability, so far undiscovered, to create AK-47s and possibly MiGs from readily available items? [​IMG]

12. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

So far, I've agreed with the Asian men in this thread in their estimations of which Asian women are attractive and which aren't. But I'm a white guy. Does that make me an honorary Asian guy? And if so, am I to understand that it's less likely that women will find me to be marriage material? And that I have the ability, so far undiscovered, to create AK-47s and possibly MiGs from readily available items? [​IMG]

Not so fast buddy. There is one final challenge to pass...

http://www.alllooksame.com/

13. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

...Does that make me an honorary Asian guy? ... And that I have the ability, so far undiscovered, to create AK-47s and possibly MiGs from readily available items? [​IMG]

Don't forget the ability to eat parts of an animal that no real "white man" would dare... like eyeballs.

14. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

Don't forget the ability to eat parts of an animal that no real "white man" would dare... like eyeballs.

Agree. When it comes to using parts of an animal for food, Asians make Native Americans look "wasteful". [​IMG]

15. Jl24

Jl24 Senior member

Not hot.

Lets see some more. Where the white women at?

[​IMG]