• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Asia Tour

jakejake

Reaction score
Any recommendations for an Asia tour package for about 2 weeks (7/11-7/25)? I'd like to include these places if possible: Hongkong, Bangkok, ..?

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think it's a lot better to do a few places and spend more time in them. 2 weeks you could do all of Thailand, or Hong Kong and a bit of mainland China. I find HK a bit boring actually, no more than three of four days worth of things to do.

changy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
I think it's a lot better to do a few places and spend more time in them. 2 weeks you could do all of Thailand, or Hong Kong and a bit of mainland China. I find HK a bit boring actually, no more than three of four days worth of things to do.

+1. Hong Kong is pretty boring. Spend maybe 2 days there and a day in Macau

For first timers, I would recommend

Beijing
Bangkok
Tokyo

That said, you can easily spend 2 weeks in each of these countries, it really depends on what you are looking for in your vacation

Asia also has some great resort towns like Boracay, Phuket etc but I don't think you have time for that

Cordwinder

Reaction score
Any purpose for during your trip in Asia?

Do you want to be shopping or sipping young coconut juice on the beach or visiting ancient ruins of long passed dynasty?

jakejake

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cordwinder
Any purpose for during your trip in Asia?

Do you want to be shopping or sipping young coconut juice on the beach or visiting ancient ruins of long passed dynasty?

No shopping. I just want to have some fun and sip some young coconut juice on the beach... would also be tempting to visit ancient ruins too. Any recommendations for packings for a 2 week trip would be helpful too.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jakejake
No shopping. I just want to have some fun and sip some young coconut juice on the beach... would also be tempting to visit ancient ruins too. Any recommendations for packings for a 2 week trip would be helpful too.

How about HK-> Thailand -> Vietnam -> Cambodia?

Kiwi Man

Reaction score

If the purpose of your trip to lay around the beautiful beach, you are NOT going to find that in Bangkok because there is NO beach. Even ugly beach cannot be found here!

It seems you should just fly directly to Phuket then try to go to some isolated island and a nice resort where you can get sometime alone and away from it all. A little diving in the sea, having gourmet seafood, staying in 5 stars resort, how does that sound to you?

Krabi is really a place to be!

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

avoid the city, go straight to the beach of your choice: bali, sipadan, phuket, boracay....

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Xilinhot, Inner Mongolia, the grasslands are really good this time of year, and only an hour by plane from Beijing.

Cordwinder

Reaction score

Bali has both beaches and ancient temples. But by the 3rd day you might get bored mindless.
Thailand/Malaysia/Bali.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've done all of these trips (except Mongolia) and would agree w/ the above. Only 2 weeks skip HK. Go to Bangkok for a couple days (it's controlled chaos of the best kind & delicious food as well)...then Koh Samui, Phuket or Krabi (something like that for beach time) then Boracay or Bali to switch it up. Have fun!

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
p.s. try to make it 3 weeks and hit Cambodia... I loved it there!

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some ideas. Personally, I'd limit myself to one country, two at most. Thailand is a good choice. Combine with Cambodia or, if you're feeling adventurous, Burma.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads