• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ascot Change opinions

muskypicker

Reaction score
Looking for opinions on Ascot Chang shirts. I am thinking about ordering a few MTM from their online options. I'll probably be in the 100-150 price range. Any opinions or guidance? Thank you!

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have about 10 of their shirts. I'm very very happy with them. They have a tons of fabrics to select from and the quality is top notch IMO.

HKTenor

Reaction score
I have been using them for about 10 years and always been very satisfied - the workmanship is very good (I hasten to say not the world's best, mind you, lest this thread become en fuego, but very good indeed) and the fabric selection is also top notch.

I sometimes have found them slightly resistant to making anything out of the ordinary in terms of customization, but in fact they have in the end always done what I asked and well.

Note that my experience is based on being fitted in AC's shops in Hong Kong - I assume the quality of the MTM will be similar, even if perhaps the fit is not as good.

MunnyGuy

Reaction score
My suggestion is DO NOT REVIVE THE MONOGRAM or NO MONOGRAM THREAD!!!!!
bounce2.gif

My buddy has a couple of Ascot Chang shirts that he loves!

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've used only their custom service. I highly recommend.

A lot of people are unaware, but FYI they also make a handmade shirt. The premium charged is ~$150, so the price is competitive with handmade RTW Italian shirts. Really great workmanship. The stitching is extremely tidy.

TCN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few friends of mine order from Ascot all the time, and I've been very impressed with their shirts. They execute the T&A button-turnback cuff (or cocktail cuff) much better than T&A actually.

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've owned probably 40 or more Ascot Chang custom shirts over the past 20 years. They have a better fabric selection than WW Chan or Jantzen, and their customer service is probably about equal with WW Chan (both being light years ahead of Jantzen). Their prices tend to be higher than WW Chan in my experience, but perhaps that is due to my fabric choices on my Ascot Chang orders.

Ascot Chang charge about $54 USD to recollar/recuff a shirt, with about a six week turnaround including shipping time both ways.

And if you have to ask, Ascot Chang does a much cleaner monogram than either WW Chan or Jantzen.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiLLscaLLion
How's the fit on their RTW shirts?

Bit of a silly question - they will fit as well as your body permits!

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fine shirt maker - I have been using them for 15 years with complete satisfaction.

andyw

Reaction score
I have several dozen RTW shirts, all purchased from their defunct outlet at Woodbury Commons. I love the trim body, well proportioned sleeves, excellent workmanship, durability and fabric selection. Most of these were purchased for less than $50. I wish the outlet had not closed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads