• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ascot Chang Student Discount - A Good Deal?

markdc

Reaction score
Is the following deal a good deal for a senior getting ready to graduate? I don't live in NYC myself, but can easily get there and back for $25. I would be especially interested in his shirts. Are they well worth the deal below, or would you recommend seeking another tailor? Thanks!

Description below:

Between March 1st, 2009 and June 30th, 2009, Ascot Chang would like to invite all 2009 graduates to invest in their professional wardrobe and visit our New York City store for a unique, one-time-only, shopping experience:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR ALL 2009 GRADUATES:

50% OFF a minimum order of 4 bespoke Ascot Chang dress shirts

50% OFF of a bespoke Ascot Chang suit.

At full retail price, shirts start at $130, suits at $1,800 and Tuxedo's at $3,500.

If interested, please send an email to [email protected] to set up an appointment at our Ascot Chang store.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terms and Conditions:

This offer is valid only between 3/1/2009 to 6/30/2009 and offer can only be used once.
Offer is only valid for Winter 2008 or Spring 2009 graduating students.
Proof of student and graduation status must be presented for offer to be valid.
Appointment must be made for offer to be valid.
Offer only applies to custom-made items.
Offer is only valid at the 110 Central Park South, New York, NY Ascot Chang store. Offer cannot be redeemed online.
Offer cannot be exchanged for monetary credit of any kind and cannot be exchanged for cash.
Offer cannot be combined with any other discount or coupon.

In case of any dispute, Ascot Chang Co. Ltd. reserves the right of final decision.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Especially if their suits are still done by Gordon Yao. That would be a great deal for $600-700.

coverto

Reaction score
Id say thats a great deal, and will be a lot of fun going in there checking out their books of fabrics! the danger is that youll get a look at some of the higher priced books, and before you know it those $65 shirts turn into $175 shirts....

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've not heard such good things about AC. However, can anyone who has used them comment on the base fabrics? I would do it for $65-70 a shirt, but probably not more than that. Would it even be worthwhile to consider?

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by polar-lemon
I've not heard such good things about AC. However, can anyone who has used them comment on the base fabrics? I would do it for $65-70 a shirt, but probably not more than that. Would it even be worthwhile to consider?

+1, I think it's worth chancing at 65-70, knowing what that might buy you in RTW, or compared with the adventure that is Jantzen.

Taxler

Reaction score
C has the most extensive collection of fabrics of any shirtmaker I know- the most expensive being about $1200 for 220's. The first shirt they did for me was adequate, and it took 3 attempts to get it precise, but they do quick and consistent work. They also do a shirt with hand finished seams for an extra $200 or so.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, I wish I were graduating college this year. I'm only high school class of '11, haha. Awesome deal, though.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
C shirts are worth its price, imo, at full price.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by markdc
At full retail price, shirts start at $130, suits at $1,800 and Tuxedo's at $3,500.

I don't know that I could trust them with my clothing seeing that they don't know plurals don't take commas
teacha.gif

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnGalt
I don't know that I could trust them with my clothing seeing that they don't know plurals don't take commas
teacha.gif

but they make a nice shirt.

Nahmeanz

Reaction score
I like my ascot chang shirts a lot, they are pricey tho.

they also have a deal right now for non-graduates: buy 6 shirts get 1 free...so spend 1500 and get a free shirt...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads