1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ascot chang - opinions?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Pierrepont, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Pierrepont

Pierrepont Member

Ascot Chang gives you a choice of fused or non-fused. They'll suggest a fused collar, but tell them no thanks. Alternatively, have them add an extra 1/4 or 1/2 an inch to allow for shrinkage. I suppose you couold ask them to replace those tight collars for you too.

2. jrh

jrh Well-Known Member

I have my AC shirts done nonfused. As I recall, AC preferred to do fused but I requested nonfused.

The shirts have hardy shrunk, including the collars, after many commercial washings. Some of my shirts are several years old. AC prides themselves on this.

If your collars shrunk return them and insist they replace them. Assuming they are not more then a year or so old.

3. Alias

Alias Senior member

I do the old soak-'em-in-Woolite thing myself. I get rid of those collar-band and cuff stains with a toothbrush loaded with hand soap.

4. naturlaut

naturlaut Senior member

Shrinking more than the allowance definitely shows that something is wrong. You should bring it back to them.

5. friendlyone

friendlyone Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, I have have bought many AC shirts over the years, and have never had a problem with shrinking collars. But then I've never sent them out to commercial laundries, where they do unspeakable things to nice shirts....