• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

As the first snow falls in T.O., what shoes or boots will you be wearing to work?

Franky In T.O.

Reaction score
We've experienced our first snowfall of the season today in Toronto and so I'm very curious as to what those in cold and snowy climates will be wearing on their feet to the office this winter...

AB01

Reaction score
Nice black dressy waterproof boots from Brown's. Not the best-looking thing I could wear, but if the snow damages these, no big loss. I really like them though. Even polished them.

I didn't want to wear hiking boots, although that's the most practical choice.

Franky In T.O.

Reaction score
Although I'm sure there's some nice hiking boots out there, I've just never warmed up to them.

I'd like to find a decent pair of overshoes, but that's proving difficult. Anyone know where to get a nice looking pair that don't look "odd"?

I just might have to get some dress boots.

JasonC8301

Reaction score
My 8" black Danner Acadia combat boots, haha j/k.

I don't own any stylish dress boots so my shoes will do, although I'll have to keep on them and rotate them more often.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Franky In T.O.
I'd like to find a decent pair of overshoes, but that's proving difficult. Anyone know where to get a nice looking pair that don't look "odd"?

I've been wearing Tigleys, but you're right, they're quite "I just stepped out of the pig barn at the farm in Saskatchewan, and am now off to church." I would be interested in something a little more dignified. Any thoughts on Swims? I've seen them discussed here lately.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm wearing some black brogued Mike Konos-branded chelsea boots that I picked up from Brown's pre-SF. They seem to be Goodyear-welted though so I guess I didn't do too badly.

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Snowed pretty well here today and I wore Alden shell pennies.

csheehan

Reaction score
Allen Edmonds Canfield saddle shoes with treaded rubber sole and heel. I didn't dress for the predicted snow yesterday and took a fall walking home. The fact that I don't have a sore spot where my head hit the sidewalk I attribute to the crushed brim of my fedora.

chrome_dout

Reaction score
I'm thinking a simple pair of black ankle high boots from Zara, retail at 89.99. But I've been informed that a sale is coming up soon at Holt's so I may check out their selection first. Our first snowfall has been very trivial so far (under 5cm) compared to the dumping further north and down stateside. It's not time to panic yet!

kalice

Reaction score
I use to wear sneakers during the Toronto snowfalls. But post styleforum, I'll be out there in a pair of Tod's boots.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear the rubber shoe covers, but I'm thinking about upgrading to the shoe covers that cover the whole shoe and make a boot, they use a zipper and are lined to be less rough on the leather.

StylingUK

Reaction score
What about a pair of Blundstone? Its around $175Cdn and looks pretty good.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wear shell chukkas and high boots with either a rubber or commando sole. I wear them almost daily this time of year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads