• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"As seen in Maxim..."

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
Is that price high for worn shoes?

As I write this post, the Lobbs are at $152.50 with a lot of time to go till the end of the auction. If they were to go for $152.50(which they most assuredly will not), I think it would be one of those Ebay steals!

Heck, the seller is showing some decent close-up pictures of the shoes, including the soles. The wear doesn't look that bad. And they come with the Lobb shoe trees and the shoe covers.

Does anyone else think these "worn" JL's are priced high at $152.50?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seller seems confused. Should we tell him "Seymour" is the model name, not the signature of the guy who made the shoes?

he also seems to think that these RTW JLs were $4,500 shoes.

I think the price is good. They're not my size. What I love, though, is that he's included the Maxim article in his listing.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Seller seems confused. Should we tell him "Seymour" is the model name, not the signature of the guy who made the shoes?

on the other hand, we could "correct him and tell him that butts, seymour is the complete name of the guy who made the shoes.
laugh.gif

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
devil: QUOTE=acidicboy]on the other hand, we could "correct him and tell him that butts, seymour is the complete name of the guy who made the shoes.
laugh.gif
[/quote]

The guy who made the shoes is "Seymore Butts". He is a bespoke "Birthday Suit Maker", that works part time for Lobb.

He is the Boootmaker of choice for Sir Ron Jeremy, though some say Seymore's work is quite backward!
smile.gif

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Lack of high-gloss shine equals high quality" Maxim Magazine.

So, should we all stop spit shining our shoes? Don't want to come across as wearing ****** shoes.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
So, should we all stop spit shining our shoes? Don't want to come across as wearing ****** shoes.

He, or maxim, mens that we shouldn't mistake that distinctive "Bostonian" finish for quality.

jmatt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
...And they come with the Lobb shoe trees and the shoe covers....
No - you read that wrong. These particular shoes come with two shoe horns to help keep the shoes' shape.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's hilarious, I saw that listing 2 days ago and considered posting about it..

Check out his other items.
wink.gif

Selling John Lobbs and..... rims!

Lino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn

Perhaps it was an attempt at explaining the evils of corrected grain.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I think he also believes that shoe trees are called "horns".
smile.gif

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think the idea of pre-worn shoes is particularly nasty, but YMMV.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads