• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

As promised, pictures of my outfits

potemkin_city_limits

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok wait, Im confused, you state in your signature that you dont have a lot of money to buy expensive clothes which is part of your excuse for dressing like a toolbox on acid, yet here you are posting hundreds of photos of yourself wearing different blazers, 2-piece, and 3-piece suits along with a bevy of whack ass huge knotted ties. You obviously had enough money to buy all of those suits. Why dont you just stop buying the stupid looking ones and spring for something nicer that actually fits and looks cool?

Saltricks

Reaction score
Hey you're still here! Cool.

Yeah, I'm just curious at what the forum considered to be "the style apocalypse" that everyone was making it out to be.

I mean at present, you're better than many of the shlubs that I see walking around...

Saltricks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by potemkin_city_limits
Ok wait, Im confused, you state in your signature that you dont have a lot of money to buy expensive clothes which is part of your excuse for dressing like a toolbox on acid, yet here you are posting hundreds of photos of yourself wearing different blazers, 2-piece, and 3-piece suits along with a bevy of whack ass huge knotted ties. You obviously had enough money to buy all of those suits. Why dont you just stop buying the stupid looking ones and spring for something nicer that actually fits and looks cool?

My dad is the same way. He has a walk-in closet the size of a japanese apartment, and its filled with dozens and dozens of illfitting, polyester, garish colored "suits", blazers, and vests.

Their motivations may be different however, as my dad likes to apply the "quantity" over "quality" mindset, which is the prime reason for his shortcomings, or should I say, largecomings (he's fat).

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
Its incredible to think that this is a huge improvement considering its still pretty terrible, but I remember seeing those original photos and damn were they ever bad.

I could improve further on this if I wanted to. The sleeves are too long, and you guys dont like the big tie knot.

mt_spiffy

Reaction score

If you read back over this thread, it's been covered.

I have dozens and dozens of suits, blazers, and ties, all of which I paid very very little for. A lot of the members of this form buy suits costing well over $1000. I am not in a position to buy even one of those, much less as many as my wardrobe requires.

That having been said, I buy and wear what I like. I happen to like the suit in these pictures (and the shoes, shirt, tie, etc) and except for the sleeves, it fits how it is supposed to.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread needs more pictures.

SuitMyself

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mt_spiffy

I'm not sure what happened to the original pictures. I havent used that FTP site for some time but it still should be active. I'll see if I can get them restored.

In the meantime, here's from Sunday:

69166_452135855998_514670998_5287228_2778229_n.jpg

64896_452136215998_514670998_5287235_6362495_n.jpg

This outfit is an improvement from the original outfits.

Still . . . the jacket sleeves are too long and, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, LOSE THOSE SHOES!! PLEASE!!

Also, please start thrifting for 2-button jackets, not 3-buttons.

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
dh3.jpg

dano.jpg

piano.jpg

dan1.jpg

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Long time no see, pal. What've you been up to?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey welcome back...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads