1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

As promised, pictures of my outfits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mt_spiffy, Apr 3, 2008.

1. yfyf

yfyf Senior member Affiliate Vendor

2. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

Dude, you won't get anywhere with this crowd without a pocket square!

3. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

Not quite as bad as this person's clothing, but still not pleasant:

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/f...ad.php?t=46131

Wow..... perfect example of a guy with a lot of money to blow, and absolutely no idea how to spend it or how to wear what he spends it on.

Is anyone allowed to post a negative comment about someone else's clothes over there? Seriously... 2 pages of people saying "good job"... wtf?

Wait. Isn't this the only clothing picture we have of you? That guy doesn't look that bad. Spiffy is on a whole nother level.

[​IMG]

4. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Wait. Isn't this the only clothing picture we have of you? That guy doesn't look that bad. Spiffy is on a whole nother level.

[​IMG]

LOL Well played.

But

A picture of me from 5 years ago before I knew shit about clothes, although yes, I accept full responsibility I look terrible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Versus Fredo Corleone over here, in Vegas no less.
    [​IMG]

5. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

6. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Senior member

Do your thang dog, do your thang......
    if this is your style, you like it, feel comfortable in it and chicks dig it ......... shit, why stop [​IMG]

7. FreedBird

FreedBird Senior member

[​IMG]

Fantastic comparison, bravo.

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Stop stealing my shit Kwik.

9. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

WTF is wrong with you people? It is Tony Montana, not Fredo. You have to get your movie gangsters straight. Jeez. Black shirt = Fredo [​IMG] Light shirt unbuttoned = Tony [​IMG]

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

WTF is wrong with you people? It is Tony Montana, not Fredo. You have to get your movie gangsters straight. Jeez.

[​IMG]

11. J'aimelescravates

J'aimelescravates Senior member

re: the clothes - I'm speechless.

I hate that sofa

12. dl20

dl20 Senior member

LOL Well played.

But

A picture of me from 5 years ago before I knew shit about clothes, although yes, I accept full responsibility I look terrible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

If you wanna tell the kid you don't like his clothes go over to AAAC and do it.

dl

13. houserichichi

houserichichi Senior member

[​IMG] BTW, did you move the middle button on the second outfit? It looks too far over, like you were trying to tighten the front of the coat around the waste.

14. FreedBird

FreedBird Senior member

WTF is wrong with you people? It is Tony Montana, not Fredo. You have to get your movie gangsters straight. Jeez.

Black shirt = Fredo
    [​IMG]

Light shirt unbuttoned = Tony
    [​IMG]

Lets call it a cross. I say it falls into the Fredo category because of the general pathetic looking nature of the wearer and the way he carries himself comes off looking a lot like Fredo. From the stylistic choices you may be onto something better with the Tony look.

15. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

WTF is wrong with you people? It is Tony Montana, not Fredo. You have to get your movie gangsters straight.

Speaking of gangster movies, this thread reminds me of the scene in Goodfellas when Spider meets his untimely end. I want to say to the OP, "Hey, mt_spiffy, here. Here, this is for you. Atta boy. I got respect for this kid. He's got a lot of %&#(@ balls. Good for you. Don't take no $#!+ off nobody."

16. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

If you wanna tell the kid you don't like his clothes go over to AAAC and do it.

dl

This is no doubt the proper way to do things, but: (1) open criticism isn't a part of typical AAAC decorum, and (2) I think GabbaGhoul looks younger in these photos than he really is. I never really understood why Gabba spends time there; it doesn't seem like his crowd.

For what it's worth, as much as I dislike both of their styles, I think Spiff's is much worse. Both have guts.

17. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

This is no doubt the proper way to do things, but: (1) AAAC is not always a hospitable place for criticism
    Also, not everyone who posts a pic is looking for, or open to, criticism. I wouldn't offer unsolicited criticism in real life, so I try not to do it online. If someone posts a pic looking for praise, I try to find something to praise. I've never liked these threads that turn into huge bash fests.

18. Caats19

Caats19 Member

holy. crap. wow.

19. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

Also, not everyone who posts a pic is looking for, or open to, criticism. I wouldn't offer unsolicited criticism in real life, so I try not to do it online. If someone posts a pic looking for praise, I try to find something to praise.

I've never liked these threads that turn into huge bash fests.

I generally agree with you. But Spiff here is definitely testing people's opinions, and it's often hard to tell what people are really looking for. Unless explicitly told otherwise, I try to be candid but polite.

20. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

I generally agree with you. But Spiff here is definitely testing people's opinions, and it's often hard to tell what people are really looking for. Unless explicitly told otherwise, I try to be candid but polite.

Yeah, I hear you, and I'm the same way. I'll offer suggestions/opinions to people who seem receptive to such things. But I want some indication of that before I start criticizing. Here, Gabba never asked to be dragged into this thread.