• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

As promised, pictures of my outfits

7M33R

Reaction score
Yikes, where to begin?

Clothes several sizes too large. You mentioned your shirt, the design is nice but it's big, you shudda asked for the receipt so you could get a new size.

Shoes seem too large.

Tie knots are overly large, honestly I wouldn't be seen dead with what you're wearing.

You have guts though.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
die_thread_die.jpg

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 7M33R
Yikes, where to begin?

Clothes several sizes too large. You mentioned your shirt, the design is nice but it's big, you shudda asked for the receipt so you could get a new size.

Shoes seem too large.

Tie knots are overly large, honestly I wouldn't be seen dead with what you're wearing.

You have guts though.

I am generally tolerant of noobs on forums since every one has to start somewhere. Regardless of the improved search function, some questions do lead to good responses.

My question to 7M33R is what makes your opinion so valuble and insightful that justifies bringing this thread to our attention, yet again? The original poster has openly said that he doesn't give a damn about what people think, he was just showing that this is his style and he feels confident and comfortable in it.

Please go play in traffic and stop bothering us.

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
I took a few pictures in the hotel this weekend with my phone.

Note the tie is normal sized.

hotel1.jpg
hotel2.jpg

tps16

Reaction score
I think the smaller tie knot improves your look. Perhaps a pocket square in a different pattern from the tie would look a bit better.

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tps16
I think the smaller tie knot improves your look. Perhaps a pocket square in a different pattern from the tie would look a bit better.

I cant help it, I love the big tie.

Whether or not I do a matching pocket square depends on how busy the rest of the outfit is. If I am doing a lot of conflicting patterns I wont add another.

superfans124

Reaction score
it's looking great now! but I had to scratch my eyes hard, am I seeing ghost or do you have a twin brother?

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by superfans124
it's looking great now! but I had to scratch my eyes hard, am I seeing ghost or do you have a twin brother?

Not only does he wear the same stuff as me, he also stands EXACTLY THE SAME WAY.

etb

Reaction score
Style is somewhat subjective--but, objectively, need some serious tailoring!

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by etb
Style is somewhat subjective--but, objectively, need some serious tailoring!

Are you referring to the first page or the recent updates?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mt_spiffy
Are you referring to the first page or the recent updates?

Is there a difference?

I liked your twin in the photos -- he's less visible.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Vast improvement... still can do better I suppose.

ziggyosk

Reaction score
spiffy the knot in the last picture is MUCH better. Jacket doesn't seem as baggy either, although the sides could still come in to make it more tapered.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The tie looks much better. That said, I wouldn't pair a striped suit with a striped shirt, and a dark shirt at that. That (and the pattern of the tie) makes the outfit look too cluttered and busy.

If you must wear something dark, you should consider wearing something a bit contrasting that looks good.

Secondly, your outfits are still poorly tailored. The jacket seems a bit too long and rather boxy. The sleeves are too long, and your shirt cuffs are not showing from the suit -- ideally, about half an inch of your shirt cuffs should be visible.

dj-jd

Reaction score
In my opinion -- the previous outfits were obviously worn that way intentionally, to be hip or whatever. The new one looks like trying but not quite getting there. If I were in your square-toed shoes I'd keep up what I know, working on the other stuff privately at home and posting pics until I'm sure I had it down. Only then would I go out in public in it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads