1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

As promised, pictures of my outfits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mt_spiffy, Apr 3, 2008.

1. lightsaber

lightsaber Senior member

I had the jacket taken out in both the waist, back, and shoulders, but it is still very very tight. I think I had the sleeves taken out as well.

It's highly likely that your idea of "very very tight" is different from other suit wearers because you're used to wearing such boxy ill-fitting potato sacks.

I don't know if this message will ever sink in, but there's a fundamental difference between the feel of a suit and the feel of pyjamas.

2. MiloX

MiloX Senior member

I don't know if this message will ever sink in, but there's a fundamental difference between the feel of a suit and the feel of pyjamas.

Au contraire. A well tailored suit can feel just as comfortable as a pair of pajamas. Especially if said suit is worn with braces instead of a belt. [​IMG]

3. lightsaber

lightsaber Senior member

Au contraire. A well tailored suit can feel just as comfortable as a pair of pajamas. Especially if said suit is worn with braces instead of a belt. [​IMG]

Ah, but I didn't say it can't be as comfortable, just that the sensation is not the same. And as it happens, I already agreed about the braces. So there.

4. MiloX

MiloX Senior member

^^^ Fair enough.

5. Using Technology

Using Technology Senior member

They are too small. It's very tight in the shoulders.

hard to tell exactly how well the body fits, but that suit is NOT too tight in the shoulders. It is pretty easy to see where your shoulders end and they end around the seam, meaning the suit fits properly in the shoulders. Your shoulder is not poking out in the arm fabric, so it is in no way tight.

6. Jay Gatsby

Jay Gatsby Senior member

Yay! This thread again! Post new pics so we can see how you have changed since Nov.

7. Saltricks

Saltricks Senior member

Please tell me that someone has saved the original pictures that this guy posted. Please.

8. -Norton-

-Norton- Senior member

Please tell me that someone has saved the original pictures that this guy posted. Please.
    [​IMG]

9. mt_spiffy

mt_spiffy Senior member

I'm not sure what happened to the original pictures. I havent used that FTP site for some time but it still should be active. I'll see if I can get them restored.

In the meantime, here's from Sunday:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Senior member

I'm not sure what happened to the original pictures. I havent used that FTP site for some time but it still should be active. I'll see if I can get them restored.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its incredible to think that this is a huge improvement considering its still pretty terrible, but I remember seeing those original photos and damn were they ever bad.

11. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Senior member

Ok wait, Im confused, you state in your signature that you dont have a lot of money to buy expensive clothes which is part of your excuse for dressing like a toolbox on acid, yet here you are posting hundreds of photos of yourself wearing different blazers, 2-piece, and 3-piece suits along with a bevy of whack ass huge knotted ties. You obviously had enough money to buy all of those suits. Why dont you just stop buying the stupid looking ones and spring for something nicer that actually fits and looks cool?

12. Saltricks

Saltricks Senior member

Hey you're still here! Cool.

Yeah, I'm just curious at what the forum considered to be "the style apocalypse" that everyone was making it out to be.

I mean at present, you're better than many of the shlubs that I see walking around...

13. Saltricks

Saltricks Senior member

Ok wait, Im confused, you state in your signature that you dont have a lot of money to buy expensive clothes which is part of your excuse for dressing like a toolbox on acid, yet here you are posting hundreds of photos of yourself wearing different blazers, 2-piece, and 3-piece suits along with a bevy of whack ass huge knotted ties. You obviously had enough money to buy all of those suits. Why dont you just stop buying the stupid looking ones and spring for something nicer that actually fits and looks cool?

My dad is the same way. He has a walk-in closet the size of a japanese apartment, and its filled with dozens and dozens of illfitting, polyester, garish colored "suits", blazers, and vests.

Their motivations may be different however, as my dad likes to apply the "quantity" over "quality" mindset, which is the prime reason for his shortcomings, or should I say, largecomings (he's fat).

14. mt_spiffy

mt_spiffy Senior member

Its incredible to think that this is a huge improvement considering its still pretty terrible, but I remember seeing those original photos and damn were they ever bad.

I could improve further on this if I wanted to. The sleeves are too long, and you guys dont like the big tie knot.

15. mt_spiffy

mt_spiffy Senior member

If you read back over this thread, it's been covered.

I have dozens and dozens of suits, blazers, and ties, all of which I paid very very little for. A lot of the members of this form buy suits costing well over $1000. I am not in a position to buy even one of those, much less as many as my wardrobe requires.

That having been said, I buy and wear what I like. I happen to like the suit in these pictures (and the shoes, shirt, tie, etc) and except for the sleeves, it fits how it is supposed to.

16. Metlin

Metlin Senior member

This thread needs more pictures.

17. SuitMyself

SuitMyself Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This outfit is an improvement from the original outfits.

Still . . . the jacket sleeves are too long and, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, LOSE THOSE SHOES!! PLEASE!!

Also, please start thrifting for 2-button jackets, not 3-buttons.

18. mt_spiffy

mt_spiffy Senior member

19. Teger

Teger Senior member

vxcvdfbewqbqewfbqfdbdfbdb

20. Pendulum

Pendulum Senior member

Your tie knots remind me of a banana hammock.