• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

As promised, pictures of my outfits

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StopPolloition
Your attitude is crap. At least mt_spiffy has some manners.

+1

I give spiffy lots of props for being such a gentleman about all the abuse he has taken. Tie knot is still awful though.

Please spiff, for the love of God, tie a smaller knot. Have you ever tried it to see how it looks compared with the fist you currently have at your throat?

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tps16
While your style is very different from mine, I applaud your bravery in posting on these forums and that you have your own personal style. Your outfits continue to improve in fit. A smaller tie knot might be more in proportion to your face, collar, and lapels. Or, if you like always having the big knots, maybe you could try to have the collar and lapels match in scale.

Originally Posted by suitsusid
you are a very brave person sharing your look, one thing is for sure you have a very unique look!! i applaud you for sharing these pics.

I don't understand this. There's a difference between bravery and stupidity. Also, between a 'unique style' and 'looking bad'. By this definition, Eric Glennie has 'unique style', and it sounds like something good.

Originally Posted by Jumbie
+1

I give spiffy lots of props for being such a gentleman about all the abuse he has taken. Tie knot is still awful though.

Please spiff, for the love of God, tie a smaller knot. Have you ever tried it to see how it looks compared with the fist you currently have at your throat?

That, on the other hand, is right.

JohnD356

Reaction score
+1

Agreed. He's wins points for putting up with a lot of insults (some more mean spirited than others) while never getting worked up about it. I also like the fact that he seems committed to working out his own style.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Agreed, Spiffy is probably one of the coolest people on here. You guys know i couldnt handle this many pages of criticism without a few people getting whacked afterwards.

But back on the topic at hand.

Those sizes you mentioned are they simply sizes that you like to wear, or sizes that fit. You mention you'll wear the 16.5" collar with the button undone. Is that because a 16.5 is tight to the point where you feel it chocking you?

I think it would be interesting for you to humor us with a couple of things, like a suit that fits to our specs and a FIH tie knot and such.

I think this is the general way of progression in the music industry, guys like Jay-Z, Puff, Kanye, ect. They're now in well fitted suits, FIH knots, mild patterns. Jayz obviously on the foreground with it, basically wearing very traditional cuts, ect.

marc2434

Reaction score
I didnt look at all the comments but the first pic reminds me of the white Steve Harvey

Guero

Reaction score
Originally Posted by marc2434
I didnt look at all the comments but the first pic reminds me of the white Steve Harvey

Do not speak ill of the dead.

And while I vehemently disagree with mt_spiffy's taste, I can't disagree that he's been a gentleman in the face of a lot of abuse and hope that his taste evolves.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Guero
Do not speak ill of the dead.

And while I vehemently disagree with mt_spiffy's taste, I can't disagree that he's been a gentleman in the face of a lot of abuse and hope that his taste evolves.

Steve Harvey isn't dead...
uhoh.gif

David Watts

Reaction score
^^^Maybe he's thinking of Bernie Mac???

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rani
Is it really that hard to tie a smaller knot? It costs you nothing to tie your tie properly and it would make such an improvement to your look.

Maybe, but I like the larger knot. As stated above I tie the tie so that the tip of it is behind the top closing button of the jacket (or vest).

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sii1981
this is gold, do you really wear these clothes out-side your house. im so jealous
ps, nice posing, i like the playful one of you lying on the sofa, no really!!
worship2.gif

That was the photographer's idea. But really, those pictures on the first page are very old, there are much more recent pictures on more recent pages.

Since you dont believe I wear clothes outside of the house (?) here are some pictures I found of me on stage, at church, and other places. Some of them are a year or two old.

dan.jph

dan07.jph

dan09.jph

dan12.jph

dan13.jph

dan14.jph

dantiff2.jph

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by agavilanes
WTF? No shoes on the pic? The shoes makes the outfit!

You wouldnt have wanted to see them.

mt_spiffy

Reaction score

Yes, when I went to court (for a traffic ticket, before the jokes start) I wore a very regular suit, shirt, and tie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads