• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

As promised, pictures of my outfits

Opermann

Reaction score
For the love of fashion, please please PLEASE use a smaller tie knot!

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
Tie is 100% silk.

Butterfly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mt_spiffy
In ties I am an extra large.
That's one way of putting it. You seem to take (just a little bit) after this man:
SebastianHorsley_02.jpg

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In a glance it looks like that's his shirt.

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
I would wear his tie.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would wear his tie.

Surprise of the century
alien.gif

Rani

Reaction score
Is it really that hard to tie a smaller knot? It costs you nothing to tie your tie properly and it would make such an improvement to your look.

sii1981

Reaction score
this is gold, do you really wear these clothes out-side your house. im so jealous
ps, nice posing, i like the playful one of you lying on the sofa, no really!!
worship2.gif

sii1981

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dsmolken
A serious question: do you own any suits with pleated backs, and if so do you find them more useful/comfortable for playing music? As a bassist I wave my arms around in a large range of motion, especially when playing arco, and I was thinking a pleated back could be useful. I figure I could get the jacket fitted more closely elsewhere if I had some spare mobility in the back.

in england, alot of the older gentleman have pleats on their jackets. when im out clay-shooting i spot them on people's tweed jackets, it helps with movement and looks great if done properly. i think cordings do a few of these off the rack.

dsmolken

Reaction score
In all seriousness, I think huge tie knots look better on guys with really thick necks, like NFL players.

tps16

Reaction score
What I wore Sunday:

This is exactly how I found it from the thrift store, no tailoring. Shoulders are maybe 1" too small, waist maybe 1" too big. Tie is just right.

While your style is very different from mine, I applaud your bravery in posting on these forums and that you have your own personal style. Your outfits continue to improve in fit. A smaller tie knot might be more in proportion to your face, collar, and lapels. Or, if you like always having the big knots, maybe you could try to have the collar and lapels match in scale.

suitsusid

Reaction score
you are a very brave person sharing your look, one thing is for sure you have a very unique look!! i applaud you for sharing these pics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads