1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

As promised, pictures of my outfits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mt_spiffy, Apr 3, 2008.

1. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

I'll post the cities, if anyone wants more detail PM me.

Dec 31 Minneapolis, MN
    Jan 1 Gary IN
    Jan 3 Cedar Rapids, IA
    Jan 10 Milwaukee, WI
    And of course every Sunday in Madison, WI

Most of what I do is in Milwaukee, Chicago, Minneapolis, LA, and DC.

More information on the groups I am with, as well as my resume, video clips, etc etc, is available on my MySpace page which is already linked somewhere in this thread.

Thanks. There is a very slim chance that I will be in Gary, IN (Indiana?) on January 1, and if so, and if I have time, I might catch your show.

- B

2. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Thanks. There is a very slim chance that I will be in Gary, IN (Indiana?) on January 1, and if so, and if I have time, I might catch your show.

- B

How slim is slim? Gary, IN?

3. voxsartoria

How slim is slim? Gary, IN?

Based on population statistics, I can't rule out suicide 100%. Gary would seem to be a pretty good place to do that.

Why not catch a show before?

- B

4. x26

x26 Senior member

Are you preparing to go on a Mass-Killing Spree??? [​IMG]

5. mt_spiffy

mt_spiffy Senior member

[​IMG]

There's a chance I wont be there either, depends on how I can get from Minneapolis that morning.

6. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

I usually say to each his own when it comes to clothing, but I think I can make an exception in this case.

7. kcc

kcc Senior member

Deacon pigfeet and reverend chitlin ... and the lawd saidth

8. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

There's a chance I wont be there either, depends on how I can get from Minneapolis that morning.

You get tail thrown at you at church events??? [​IMG]

9. mt_spiffy

mt_spiffy Senior member

You get tail thrown at you at church events??? [​IMG]

Yes. Yes. Ridiculously yes. There is like a whole category of groupies that are specifically in to gospel musicians (not artists but musicians) especially in LA and the east coast. Even in church in service some women are BLATANT.

I guess it's not that surprising, if you polled the women in any given church, how many of them would want to sleep with the pastor (be him relatively young and attractive) most would. Really seems immoral doesnt it! A pastor in my area was recently sat down after getting a handful of young women in his church pregnant.

Not all of the events I do are gospel/church/ministry related. But I've found, as far as my "fan club" is concerned, it makes little difference.

10. 8-Ball

8-Ball Active Member

I'm way late in this thread as I just found this place a few days ago but I still want to chime in.

1.You look pretty young and compared to many other young folks this isn't THAT bad. Your generation has very little sense of how to get dressed up and that is probably why you still get a decent amount of compliments. Your sense of style will need to evolve as you get older or you will be ridiculed for dressing this way in your 30's and beyond.

2.The 4 button suits and knots the size of a fist just simply don't look good on anyone. It's a look reserved for ESPN commentators

3.As others have mentioned, almost none of your clothes fit properly. Again, this is an age thing. When I was in college I sold menswear in a Nordstrom and no one under the age of 25 EVER bought the proper sizes.

11. TJS1589

TJS1589 Senior member

kid dresses hood

12. skeen

skeen Well-Known Member

LOL @ the church comments. Religion is the very pinnacle of hypocrisy. I'm sure those shows are turning over some tasty revenues, which is why you see preachers driving around in Mercedes Benz's, wearing two thousand dollar, oversized suits (how Christ-like).

I did comment that the OP looked like a preacher, I suppose he'll fit in very well in that setting.

13. voxsartoria

Unfortunately, as it turns out, I will not be in Gary, IN (Indiana?) on January 1.

- B

14. mt_spiffy

mt_spiffy Senior member

Some people are very sincere in the ministry. Even in the midst of corrupt organizations. Everything man-made will be imperfect.

15. calvinloke

calvinloke Senior member

Pun intended thread?

16. ziggyosk

ziggyosk Senior member

MT_spiffy,

First of all your clothes aren't really my style, however i give you credit for trying your best to dress better than the majority of society. Most people don't really care how they look and you do which is to be commended. I think your last picture is an improvement over your earlier ones, the suit looks like it fits a little better and the tie know doesn't look quite as big. The biggest thing I don't like is your shirt tie combos. If you wore a white shirt for instance with that last outfit I think it would look 10x better.

I do want to commend you on how respectful you have been to everyone despite the fact that there have been some very rude comment thrown your way. You seem like a nice guy.

17. skeen

skeen Well-Known Member

Some people are very sincere in the ministry. Even in the midst of corrupt organizations. Everything man-made will be imperfect.

Sorry, but that's a crap copout. Religious organizations are especially corrupt. "Praiiise Jesus. Sow that seed! Give until it hurts!" You must make good money. [​IMG]

18. mt_spiffy

mt_spiffy Senior member

Actually I make very little from my full time church jobs. My home church I know is struggling to pay their bills. When the economy suffers, it affects across the board.

That having been said, I am a firm believer in Biblical principles because they have shown to work. That includes tithing and sowing. You just have to make sure that where you sow is GOOD GROUND.

19. skeen

skeen Well-Known Member

Actually I make very little from my full time church jobs. My home church I know is struggling to pay their bills. When the economy suffers, it affects across the board. That having been said, I am a firm believer in Biblical principles because they have shown to work. That includes tithing and sowing. You just have to make sure that where you sow is GOOD GROUND.
    Well, I'm not going to turn this into a religious debate. I'll just say I don't agree with you for now. At least your church has tax-free status though, so that's gotta be of some help - even though there's no basis in the world for why they should deserve such a thing.

20. mt_spiffy

mt_spiffy Senior member

You dont want to debate, but you keep trying to hit below the belt. I'll take such jabs at my clothes but I have to stand up for my ministry.

None of the ministry based organizations I'm involved with are perfect. This includes churches, choirs, music groups, record labels, production teams, etc etc. All of them have some degree of human issue be it corruption, pride, dishonesty, mismanagement, temper, ego, SOMETHING. I would not invite you to my church saying "look, we're perfect, let me change your views about ministry". Chances are if you were looking closely you would see some of the things that formed your views in the first place.

BUT

What I admire, and what I attach myself to, as far as my own personal ministry, is people who are doing what the do sincerely and for the purpose of God and the people of God. They may not always go about it the right way but their heart is pure. Their intent and focus is to feed people spiritually if not naturally, and sometimes both.

I do what I do because I was called to do it. Sometimes I am acting as a minister, other times as a person who shows up to do a job. Sometimes it depends on my mood! But if I did not know I was God-appointed to be a part of it, it is very likely I would be somewhere else doing something else for significantly more money.

And yes, people in black churches dress ridiculous. If I posted pictures of what some other people wear . . .