As promised, pictures of my outfits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mt_spiffy, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Confederate

Confederate New Member

Do the world a favor and stick to clip-ons until you learn how to tie a tie properly.

Your shirtsleeves are all too short, as well, but no one will notice it past the mountain of a tie knot.

2. cehughes2010

cehughes2010 Member

It looks like you traveled back in time, raided your fat Italian Uncle's closet and played dress up. Well done!

3. mt_spiffy

mt_spiffy Senior member

You guys are super late.

4. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

I just discovered this thread and went through all the pages in 1 sitting... my head kinda hurts.

i just want to take a pair of dikes...

[​IMG]

http://www.cinemaemcena.com.br/cinem...z/hitch_01.jpg

Hitch makes the same look work much better.

5. AMAR420

AMAR420 Senior member

Spiff, you should definitely get credit for posting pictures of yourself. That takes guts.

[​IMG]

no offense

6. aragon765

aragon765 Senior member

[​IMG] no offense
    Point being? Are you really trying this hard to be the new award winning troll, or are you just completely clueless? [​IMG] You received the help you needed in your other thread, I am unsure what the point of any of your subsequent (or prior) posts is....

7. AMAR420

AMAR420 Senior member

Point being?

Are you really trying this hard to be the new award winning troll, or are you just completely clueless? [​IMG]

You received the help you needed in your other thread, I am unsure what the point of any of your subsequent (or prior) posts is....

I'm sure you are unsure

8. datasupa

datasupa Senior member

Are you really trying this hard to be the new award winning troll, or are you just completely clueless? [​IMG]

these are not mutually exclusive options

9. Lel

Lel Senior member

Just curious, MT. Spiffy, if this is what you think looks good, then I wonder what exactly you think a bad look is? What, in your eyes, looks bad? Pictures, please.

10. vitaminc

vitaminc Senior member

[​IMG]

no offense

Exactly. As long as people have confidence from their outfit, the exact style should not matter as much.

To me mt_spiffy's outfits are very ill-fitting, running a couple sizes too big. At the same time, mafoofan's outfits fails to shape his body despite they are carefully tailored. Your confidence may just be others laughingstock. To each his own.

11. whacked

whacked Senior member

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...acketbacks.jpg

no offense

Exactly. As long as people have confidence from their outfit, the exact style should not matter as much.

To me mt_spiffy's outfits are very ill-fitting, running a couple sizes too big. At the same time, mafoofan's outfits fails to shape his body despite they are carefully tailored. Your confidence may just be others laughingstock. To each his own.

Neither of you know what you're talking about. Might as well just shut up.

Regarding confidence, I said this all the way back in page 4:

+1

FWIW, I call BS on those praising the OP's ability to "pull off" such outfits. Sorry, but in my book one does not "pull off" such montrosity just by snapping a handful of awkward pictures of yourself and post them on a online message board...

12. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

Man, I knew that back shot was going to come back and haunt me. In your opinion, what's wrong with the shape? Too much, too little?

13. mrmax

mrmax Senior member

14. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

Man, I knew that back shot was going to come back and haunt me. In your opinion, what's wrong with the shape? Too much, too little?
    I thought it was a great look, the colors are well put together, and the shape looks fine to me. the only thing i noticed is that it looks like there may be a little too much material in the chest area, since it creates that fold near your armpit. I had a jacket that did that and taking about .5" out of ethier side of the chest fixed it.

15. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Senior member

Personally I like rather clean coats, but that "too much material" is actually "right".
    Maybe check mafoofan's blog, he just wrote something on that...
    http://mfanblog.blogspot.com/2008/04...-in-chest.html