• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

As promised, pics

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A few pictures from Vegas: Me in the Gardens: Â Oxxford Navy Suit, Blue Thomas Pink shirt, Jhane Barnes Tie, Bally Lambskin shoes
Me and GF
Lake View from Prime, pretty nice.
Etro shirt, Purple Label Linen Slacks
Sunset from Prime Patio
View from the House of Blues Foundation Room
A pic from hawaii

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice suit, shirt, and tie. Seems you were dressed so much better than 95% of every one else there.

GF pretty too.

Very pretty

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can tell the suit's quality from the stitching, even in the photos, and you put it together nicely. Hope you had a great time.

djkovner

Reaction score
Great pics.  Looks like you had a great time in Vegas.  

Not to burst your bubble, but I think the sleeves of your suit jacket are too short.  I can see about two inches of your cuffs even when you're just standing with your arms on the side.  I think only 1/2" or so are supposed to show.  Also, your Etro shirt collar is too high. If I were you, I'd avoid wearing high collared shirts since your neck is short.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree there's a mismatch between the suit sleeve and shirt sleeve -- one's too long or the other's too short. But I don't think the gentleman's neck is short - he's just slouching in that picture; notice in the picture of him with that hot-thing girlfriend, the neck looks pretty normal.

PeterMetro

Reaction score
It takes a lot of balls to post your pic on here - we tend to be very nit-picky. So with no further ado...

I never wear ties that are lighter than my shirt. I always feel that it looks odd. For that reason, I very rarely wear dark shirts with ties - it's a bit Growing Up Gotti for my taste. The suit's a beauty, as is the girl (although, I wish there were a clearer pic of the latter).

The real question is - did you win any money?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, I believe the shirt sleeves are a bit longer than I usually use on that particular shirt, I normally wear a 34/35 and I believe that one was a 36 but I grabbed it from my closet before I had a chance to have it altered because of the color. Â I actually noticed that myself and am going to have it altered. I like wearing lighter ties with darker shirts, haven't really done too much with alternating patterns although I was debating wearing a turnbull & asser shirt blue/white vertical striped shirt with contrasting collar/cuffs with the jhane barnes tie. Â BTW, I won about $1100, just enough to pay for the trip, and my shopping purchases, gotta love playing 6/12 holdem in Vegas, like taking candy from a baby. Here are a few more pictures. In the Bellagio
A view of the inside of Prime steakhouse.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
 BTW, I won about $1100, just enough to pay for the trip, and my shopping purchases, gotta love playing 6/12 holdem in Vegas, like taking candy from a baby.
From the pics it looks like you were down $1100. SMILE... like this

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with others.. suit's sleeve seemed to be too short for my taste. but i like my suit's sleeve be long (inch above where big thumb starts) .. and I like my shirt sleeve (un-buttoned) to come out far out and cover my knuckles. I only do this when i'm wearing fancy suits like my Armani or Brioni.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(drizzt3117 @ 08 Sep. 2004, 09:39) Â BTW, I won about $1100, just enough to pay for the trip, and my shopping purchases, gotta love playing 6/12 holdem in Vegas, like taking candy from a baby.
From the pics it looks like you were down $1100. SMILE... like this Â
Â
Â
Â
Â

that's his game face. gotta stay focused.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Faustian is partially right, the game face was before the $1700 bump in an hour and a half at the Bellagio poker room... the picture with the etro shirt was later that evening right before we went to the foundation room, and after the win

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the game face WORKS.

also, my $.02 about the sleeve length is, it's totally appropriate for las vegas. (but then again, not much isn't.) think dean martin or sammy davis jr... man, what if there was an asian rat packer, that would've been keen. but he'd have to be jewish.

/andrew

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite knitwear under jackets/sport coats

• Crewneck sweater

• Turtleneck sweater

• Long-sleeve polo

• Vest

• I don't like knitwear worn with jackets/sport coats

Results are only viewable after voting.