• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who amongst the usual suspects makes an easy-wearing linen button-up?

I've looked into PR Patterson, Harnden, Araki Yuu, Hannibal, Atelier Suppan, etc.

I'm looking something that will last a few years, and that's worth sinking some $ into. MA+, CCP, Deepti and L-0 are all probably too tight for my frame.

Thanks!

Last edited:

oulipien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forme. But that seems like a very broad question. I take it you've ruled out the designers you've mentioned? Why? Were their button-ups not "easy-wearing" enough?

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Either hard to get in my size (large) or just cost-prohibitive here in Japan. The Atellier stuff looks nice but $500+ for a white linen shirt just isn’t worth it for me. GBS isn’t crazy-steep compared to what I paid in the US.

I’m just looking for some middle ground and a well-trusted makers that I might not have considered.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks! Either hard to get in my size (large) or just cost-prohibitive here in Japan. The Atellier stuff looks nice but $500+ for a white linen shirt just isn’t worth it for me. GBS isn’t crazy-steep compared to what I paid in the US.

I’m just looking for some middle ground and a well-trusted makers that I might not have considered.
Shameless self promotion,

We make some of the best ones in mutilple variations and up to size 54.
We have some on sale now + a Large assortment that we should have released already for SS20

doodledo

Reaction score
Or maybe my bnwt forme d shirt may work for you! Details: https://www.styleforum.net/buyandsell/forme-d-expression-shirt.21920/
aa1.jpg
Also, letting go a brand new with tags linen glacier jacket pants matching set for a good price: https://www.styleforum.net/buyandsell/forme-d-expression-matching-french-jacket-and-pants-set.21921/
gla7.jpg

And many forme pants in ecru, anthracite, sage (washed grey) and military colour (size S to M), material mostly linen, 1 cotton and 1 mixed fabric: https://www.styleforum.net/buyandsell/forme-d-expression-pants.21923/ and https://www.styleforum.net/buyandsell/forme-d-expression-pants.21922/
ecru1.jpg
ant1.jpg
mil1.jpg
sage1.jpg

Some devoa shorts: https://www.styleforum.net/buyandsell/devoa-cargo-short-pants-high-density-silk-charcoal.21732/
dvv4.jpg

Drkshdw plum shirt made in Italy: https://www.styleforum.net/buyandsell/rick-owens-drkshdw-plum-field-shirt-jacket.21925/
drk1.jpg

And some more by walid charcoal XL and song for the mutexnothing tees (green and charcoal both size 48) if interested hit me up! Everything is brand new with tags

Last edited:

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who amongst the usual suspects makes an easy-wearing linen button-up?

I've looked into PR Patterson, Harnden, Araki Yuu, Hannibal, Atelier Suppan, etc.

I'm looking something that will last a few years, and that's worth sinking some $ into. MA+, CCP, Deepti and L-0 are all probably too tight for my frame.

Thanks!

Dude, you need Colina. The designer is a relatively big dude, so the stuff actually fits
Quality is up there with Artisanal brands:

Here's a couple linen shirts

Mojo1990

Reaction score
I second Colina.
But always double check measurements.

For linen pieces I'm currently eyeing Atelier Suppan, but I'm broke. COVID got me hard.

Forme D'expression usually make awesome farmer jackets, but I haven't seen it this time around.

John Alexander Skelon at Darklands has some awesome Linen Over-shirt/ Jackets available. And you might be lucky getting the checked SS20 (VII) version.

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Mojo.
I actually kopped the John Alexander Skelton Irish Linen shirt in black and am getting used to the large fit. It’s more of a shirt/jacket and really beautiful IMO.

I may have to bite the bullet and drop some bank on an Araki Yuu shirt I’ve been obsessing over.

?

here’s a quick pic of the JAS
3993F452-77ED-412A-9FDB-DE346B34A86C.jpeg
I may end up taking some in on the body and the sleeves. But I’m gonna give it some wearing and see how it wants to behave first.

Last edited:

Mojo1990

Reaction score
Thanks, Mojo.
I actually kopped the John Alexander Skelton Irish Linen shirt in black and am getting used to the large fit. It’s more of a shirt/jacket and really beautiful IMO.

I may have to bite the bullet and drop some bank on an Araki Yuu shirt I’ve been obsessing over.

?

here’s a quick pic of the JAS
View attachment 1395566
I may end up taking some in on the body and the sleeves. But I’m gonna give it some wearing and see how it wants to behave first.

May I ask the references number for this piece? Is it from collection V (SS19)?

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure. It’s actually from collection VI (CVIST-17). IG link here and a couple of much more natural pics of it worn yesterday below.

After much hemming and hawing I also just kopped the peak lapel (seen here) In antique linen and that should be here next week.

05BE3741-454B-47C4-BAC8-9EADEA9AB6C6.jpeg

FAJ in JAS 1.jpg

Last edited:

Mojo1990

Reaction score
Fantastic ?? Perfect styling! And the locations are just beautiful. Really compliments the excellent clothing.

The best dressed gentleman in the village ?

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just cross posting since this belongs here plus additional stuff from a recent purchase. Leon Emanuel Blanck fencing jacket, Rigards sterling silver sunglasses, and Rigards x Geoffrey B Small titanium sunglasses. I'm not much into the more aggressive designed frames and tend to stick to the aviator design.

20200714_204414.jpg
IMG_20200716_151410.jpg
IMG_20200716_151618.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads