Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by nicelynice, Aug 20, 2015.

1. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior member

I saw Simone Cecchetto in a boutique in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?" I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off.

When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw Simone trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen artisanal jackets in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the jackets and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each jacket and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  2. psydle

psydle Senior member

So what you're saying is he's large enough to carry 15 jackets at once without appearing suspicious?

3. wormwood

wormwood Senior member

He feeds on jackets. Generally he's as a biblical Leviathan so vast that the human mind cant realize the size of it and belittle it am

4. ClambakeSkate

ClambakeSkate Senior member

He just "designed" the next season in front of your very eyes.

5. fistinyoface

He can carry any number of jackets, as long as they're made by hand, distressed, and not handled with care.

[​IMG]

6. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

I drink at a bar with Simone's picture in a leather frame.

7. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

8. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Those look great except for the diaper looking back area.

9. fistinyoface

Although I haven't tried them, you can't go wrong with IS fabrics. I think Lift may be stocking them. They got a big buy from Yoko this season judging by the site.

10. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

@alexandertg and I both recently purchased the slim/straight jean from Holger, in what looks like the same fabric but without the exposed selvedge. He can probably give you a more in-depth review as I've only tried mine on. I will repeat what most have already said: really, really great fabric.

11. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

I didn't see them at Lift, but maybe I just wasn't paying attention. I'll head down there later maybe, my football team lost and I need a $15 sandwich and $500 pants to make myself feel better

12. fistinyoface

The one's Eck and Ales have would probably be the standard five pocket pants PA47. Holger's carrying the side seam pants you linked, they're PA63.

13. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Ahh yeah, just checked Holger's site. It seems he might have been the only one to pick up the 5-pocket in denim, hmm

Btw, don't sleep on this coat. I hesitate to call anything in the baller category a "good deal," but it blows away Paul Harnden and company that is 3x the price...

https://www.fascinate.jp/english/chester-coat-co27-lcw5-black

14. fistinyoface

They only stocked size 5 in the pure black... but I special ordered the coat as well as the five button jacket in that fabric. There's nothing like getting a heavy jacket with 25C weather and rising knocking on the door. :D

15. docdocgs

docdocgs Senior member

He's actually just a mass of shape-shifting plasma with one local energy minimum available to him, and one energy maximum. He is transformed into the taller Simone when wearing Kuboraums (energy maximum), and down the quantum hill into the shorter Bono when he dons his yellow-lensed shooting glasses. Mass is conserved, which is why Bono ends up looking so pudgy most of the time.