Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by nicelynice, Aug 20, 2015.

1. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Well jun hushimoto was part of wjk at first then left, that's what I read before

2. psydle

psydle Senior member

Quote: I started designing myself a buckle like that which would allow excess belt length to flop over and angle and hang loose but then I saw images of this one and realized that it had already been done. My cardboard mockups were all overly complicated and not a distilled as this but it was certainly the same principle.

3. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

I was also looking at the one SuE was selling, but it looked pretty worn for the price. Hope the pictures were misleading and it's in better condition!

4. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior member

I didn't buy his. The belt is from yahoo auctions. Generally, Japanese owners tend to have taken care of their junk.

5. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

Cheers! Hope you like it. You think I should get mine dye black? :foo: I kind of like the charcoal, but the wax chips off so it's kind of annoying.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015

6. fistinyoface

This one is apparently charcoal too. Keep it as is. A pure black belt can get lost in an all black outfit and just doesn't look as good. Grey, purple, and charcoal, or blends of the three, are the best belt colours imo.[​IMG]

7. chaos

chaos Senior member

I bought that belt, it's in good condition - SuE is a good seller, I've had a few transactions with him. +1 on keeping the belt grey/charcoal

8. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

So I bought that Layer-0 coat:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Say hello to poor lighting:

[​IMG]

9. Zamb

Zamb Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Great!

the length is a little long but it looks good otherwise

better pics would help!

10. DeadBoy

DeadBoy Senior member

A bit late to the party but I have one of those WJK hoodies and it's one of my favourite items. Very heavy and stiff and very slim, but personally I love all those things about it. Zam's hoodies are quite nice too, not sure if he's planning to do wool ones again in the future those are really great.

Also just to chime in on the store talk... I dropped by Suus in Madrid the other day. Didn't buy anything and made it clear early on I probably wasn't going to, but that didn't stop the SA from spending a good amount of time walking me through their m_moria collection and making suggestions about A1923 models when I asked. Very cool little store with some great stuff and friendly staff, definitely worth checking out if ever in Madrid (also highly recommended) or online.

11. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

@DeadBoy

From my convo with Mercury the wjk hoody you have is an old model they aren't making at the moment. It's replaced with a raglan version. Hence you are lucky you got it, I'm jealous.

Re suus, Raul is super nice. Did you see any ccp in the store?

12. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Yo better pics of that Layer-0 coat!!!

13. fistinyoface

The detail pics of the Layer-0 look cool, but forgive me for saying it, it looks a little long in body and sleeves. Perhaps better lighting and a different angle might change all of that.

14. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

I'll try to take some outdoor pictures when it gets colder. The sleeves are borderline okay (not quite to my knuckle) esp. considering all the other brands have super long sleeves and I have relatively short arms. I agree that the coat is a little long, even for the intended cut. Maybe I'll try to get it shortened eventually, but I don't have a tailor I trust at the moment.
    And I was intending to just wear it like a cocoon in the winter to survive the cold.

15. MagicalZechs

MagicalZechs Well-Known Member

@sinnedk Another late note on the hoodie topic, I own the KKA piece from SS15. Really nice slim cut and good lengths for taller guys. The hand pockets can kind of flare open, but it doesn't bother me.