Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by nicelynice, Aug 20, 2015.

1. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

@coolron wow thank you, I'm on my iPhone and will examine closer once at desk but so far that Nike one looks great.

2. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

thanks man, just not feeling the length at the moment.

3. Auximenes

Auximenes Senior member

this site has interviews with Altieri, Lost ^Found, Leon E. Blanck, etc
    Some cool info but unfortunately more a sneak peek than anything else. It falls short of any substantial analysis or discussion, everytime the writer hints at an interesting topic, he just leaves it at that and moves on. Quite a cock tease, but hey, i did learn a few things in those articles, so why not share it here. I saw this first somewhere on SZ i believe
    http://www.taoteh.com/category/talks/

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016

4. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

@dji0 @coolron ok so I gave isaora a shot for now, jacket was on sale, free shipping/returns and additional 20% off when you sign up for their mailing list. At that point it made more sense. Hoping it works until I get a shot at that devoa.

5. Mesta

Mesta Senior member

Posted that fit in the photo thread but he only wears designers that fits that thread! A shot I took in Toronto.
    Harnden, Murakami, Yuu and Guidi.
    Told me he buys a lot with proxy and second hand =)

[​IMG]

6. coolron

coolron Senior member

7. Auximenes

Auximenes Senior member

Decided to go checkout the Devoa store after work today - i d never been there yet.
    Its quite unconvenient to get to, out in the burbs and when i arrived at the station and my phone said i was less than a minute away from it, i thought no way, shit they must have moved to a different address and i picked up the old one.

I still took a chance and checked inside the shitty strip mall :

[​IMG]

And stupefied, between some sad looking drug store and an even more depressing florist, there it was, the Devoa 'shop'.
    Now, it didnt look too out of place, judging by the outside at least :
    [​IMG]

Quite an attractive display for the average shopper.

Inside is another story though, I was like a kid in a candy store. And i was so shocked to see that my host was none else that Mr Nishida, that i totally forgot to snap pics of the inside. Will do next time.
    Its not really a workshop, from what he said, but rather the place where he stores some of the materials/fabrics, where he designs, and where they do the quality control. And they also happen to sell all that cool shit there, too.
    It s not displayed in any way to make it convenient for you, half of the stock is hidden in big black plastic dunnage that might as well carry Pink Floyd's live rig. No fitting space. A big table in the middle of the room , was covered with various calf hides. The designer was wearing the sweater i had specifically come to try on actually. Turned out it fit me oddly and I passed.
    Lots of cool stuff, i have no idea how/why i could ignore this label for so long. It is one of the labels in Tokyo that seems to offer sizes 3-4 on most designs.
    On an unrelated note, the dude looked strikingly similar to the Acronym guy, also wearing similar attire, though all Devoa obvi. Very nice guy, speaks good English too, which was convenient of course. He insisted that i try some FW16 samples : a shearling jacket, stunning, still calling my name ; and a leather jkt with a very cool printed lining. All in size 3, fit like a 48 or slightly large 48 would typically fit. I ll definitely go back.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016

8. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior member

Daisuke is absolutely one of the most chill guys in the scene. A shame you didn't get more pictures!

9. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Nice write up, thank you. Is there anyway to contact them via email? I am looking for a jacket of theirs.

10. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior member

Zero chance of a response in English. Contact one of the stores and cross your fingers.

11. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

yea i hit up fascinate... i have emailed japanese stores and just used google translate...

12. infinii

infinii Active Member

Auximenes, can you send me the address? I'll be going to Tokyo this summer and would love to check it out. Thanks

13. psydle

psydle Senior member

So this L Maltieri chunky long cardigan arrived today
    [​IMG]

Shirt I'm wearing now is a Carpe heavy linen too

14. AlexanderTG

AlexanderTG Senior member

[​IMG]
    X-post.

New band calls for new band photos. :)

PH
    Ann D
    LUC
    CCP

15. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

@AlexanderTG this is horrible alex, what have you turned into, your like some rock star guy wearing all the cool stuff now :p

good fit, cheers!