• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wait just about every boutique offers water/champagne/whatever. Am I missing something?

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only shop at boutiques that offer handjobs minimum

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

not quite a traditional hoodie but I really like this TVA piece, wore mine today. fabric is very macross-esque.

Thanks.

That is very nice. I am not sure it's what I am looking for ATM and I was trying to keep price low but I'll book mark that just in case, size 3 should fit a 48/50?

Last edited:

dji0

Reaction score
^ size 1 fits like a 44/46 so the size 3 should work for you.

Last edited:

SirMeowly

Reaction score
GRILLED/listings/204172-carpe-diem-l-maltieri-rider-bomber

Anyone know much about this or have one of them? Thinking about picking it up as I need a bomber. Seen a couple for sale before but wondering if anyone has first hand experience...

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thinking about grabbing an attachment hoody, thoughts fellas...

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

GRILLED/listings/204172-carpe-diem-l-maltieri-rider-bomber

Anyone know much about this or have one of them? Thinking about picking it up as I need a bomber. Seen a couple for sale before but wondering if anyone has first hand experience...

think this is the same, if not very similar to the one i have but in a different fabric. if this is indeed the case, because of the construction, that's going to fit closer to a 46 than a 48.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I went to L'Eclaireur (Rue Herold) today. First of all, the service there was above and beyond anything I've experienced (including Lift but probably that's cause I don't speak Japanese). They gave me free espresso (and offered me wine). I tried things on for more than an hour, and the SA was always attentive, giving me more things to try without being pushy. And the most important thing was that he didn't give off that awkward air of expecting me to buy everything. It felt like he just wanted me to enjoy the experience, no strings attached.

On to the clothes: CCP was impressive as usual though the cuts aren't optimal for my body type as I knew already. Finally got to try on a high neck leather, but the torso is a bit long for me. The long suiting jackets in the cotton fabrics is the most impressive stuff.

But the real star was definitely Layer-0. From clothes to shoes, everything stood out especially after you actually wear it. Comfortable, awesome fabrics, looks cool: all checks. I tried on the horse leather jacket @nicelynice bought. It is exactly as awesome as his pictures portray: most substantial leather (even compared to CCP), and details are all right. I swooned a bit wearing it, but it's a bit too much leather for me and I realized I'd probably wear it very rarely. The long wool coat from this season though...was pretty much perfect. I still need to go to their other location (Rue Mahler closed, now it's at Rue de Sevigne) to check out Taichi, but I'm probably going back to get the coat.

No wonder Paris has no other clothing stores. L'Eclaireur just blows everything else out of the water.

they are on e of the absolute best clothing stores from a standpoint of customer service and making an in store customer feels comfortable and appreciated.
it isn't that other stores don't serve wine/ water of whatever. it is that being in the store you do not feel intimidated or pressured.
the staff is very friendly, engaging with enough distance so that you do not feel like you are being watched/ followed or whatever.

Two years ago they had a CCP Exhibit, we went after closing and they were nice enough to accommodate three of us to see it.

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That is very nice. I am not sure it's what I am looking for ATM and I was trying to keep price low but I'll book mark that just in case, size 3 should fit a 48/50?

I dunno I would try on in person... honestly have found VA in pants and tops to be extremely slim. Slimmer than attachment/jun hashimoto/devoa and incarnation, maybe Julius/wjk slim. To the point where I couldn't get size 4/5 VA on (pants/tops/outerwear). I have 1 VA overcoat that does fit though, size 4.

You are definitely slimmer than me sinnedk, but would probably not buy online without return options (or very careful sizing/measurement questioning) until one has had some experience first hand with sizing.

JayFS

Reaction score
If you're a size 48/50 I'd suggest going for a size 4 (maybe 3) in TVA. I'm a size 48/50 and own several TVA pieces all in the ranges of sizes 3-5 with mainly size 4s.

I also own that heavy jersey WJK hoodie (MA+ aviator substitute) in a size L that @nicelynice quoted a few pages back and it's very substantial, might even be closer to a parka. My only complaint about the WJK hoodie is that it can be very stiff especially the sleeves until it's worn in and it's very slim.

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If you're a size 48/50 I'd suggest going for a size 4 (maybe 3) in TVA. I'm a size 48/50 and own several TVA pieces all in the ranges of sizes 3-5 with mainly size 4s.

I also own that heavy jersey WJK hoodie (MA+ aviator substitute) in a size L that @nicelynice
 quoted a few pages back and it's very substantial, might even be closer to a parka. My only complaint about the WJK hoodie is that it can be very stiff especially the sleeves until it's worn in and it's very slim.

Leaning to wjk or attachment, not in a hurry though

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads