• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FINALLY

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was mindlessly cruising Rakuten while cooking dinner and found one in Shibuya that came in a couple hours ago, threw on some clothes, told my wife I was leaving to buy a coat, and had it purchased within 30 mins! Ended up bargaining them down 20% off the Rakuten price, too

Quite happy with it, perfect sizing for an overcoat. It's the medium-heavy midnight "black" tweed from FW2014 with a black lining and the 7 button config in the front. Brand new with tags and everything

Last edited:

Guy Burgess

Reaction score
That's a dream scenario. It Looks great and I love the tweed fabrics in the coats. Lucky you!

newp

Reaction score
Whoa, congratulations!
I am going to Japan in a month for my honeymoon, might as well ask you some tips about rakuten shopping if you dont mind and second hand Japan market in general.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sure thing!

Magicalporks and I got udon and cruised over to Lift today. I think we both agreed Individual Sentiments spring/summer collection is really strong, best stuff in my opinion. I was gonna get a pair of denim pants before I got the Harnden coat and chewed through my clothes budget for the forseeable future. All of the pieces that @fistinyoface picked up are really nice, they really do summer-weight fabrics well. They have some nice women's stuff that I was gonna get my wife to try on, but she was busy playing Neko Atsume: Kitty Collector on her iPhone and thinking about what kind of donuts she wanted to buy.

Taichi stuff was great as well, Magical tried on the highneck jacket in kangaroo, looked fantastic on him. The kangaroo was a bit more substantial than I've seen from other brands, not too thick, but really juicy. Hopefully he can pick one up in a bit after he balls out of control on furniture. Still don't like the tyvek lining and long sleeves, but the construction is amazing on all the stuff.
edit: Holger just posted a good pic on his Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BCSn8odMMCI/?taken-by=hide_munich

MA+ has some really interesting new boots and wallets where they dye the outside of natural colored leather and reverse it, the dye runs through in spots and also in some veins. Not a huge of the "veinier" pieces, but the process looked cool. I loved the short one-piece buckle boots, I'd pick up a pair if they weren't ridiculously priced - this season ran more than M Moria!!
Pics on this page (blue pictured, they also have red): http://www.lift-net.co.jp/collection16ss/ma/ma.html

We both tried on a bright red CCP high-neck too.. cool, but didn't really fit either of us.
Daniel Andersen is real nice. Knit stuff is super comfy and really well made.
Vetements was pretty stupid. There's a $400 t-shirt that says DHL on it. I don't get it.

edit: Here's a better pic of the Paul coat. So long!

WAPx9ch.jpg

Last edited:

newp

Reaction score
Thank you! This PH priest (right?) coat looks amazing on you, the one and only item I want from PH, other coats are quite short on me since I am rather tall.

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, besides just having some kind of unjustifiable fascination for one, there's no real way a PH straw "Haymaker" hat can be worth between $750 and $850, right?

I mean, it's a straw hat. And a crushed one at that.

Somebody stop me.

Edit: I guess there are some other iterations of it in rabbit fur that seem more worthy of the price tag.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads