1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by nicelynice, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Chinorlz

Chinorlz Member

@Lohikaarme, I honestly am not completely sure if Sruli will go back to garment design. As you probably know, he has been spending at least some time on industrial design work with Pillar and more recently the Norlan glass. He may or may not have the bandwidth to do more garment work.

We have worked with people in common in the science field and have had ongoing dialogue for some years. When I started working on the 5th Iteration designs and concepts, he was kind enough to open his incredible fabric/leather inventory for me to work with. Given that so much of it is Icelandic sourced/produced, it has been a wonderful experience working with it. Definitely would be sad if he never went back to clothing design... his attention to detail and concept translation were carried beautifully in his collections.

2. DeadBoy

DeadBoy Senior Member

It's not just you... fortunately everything else looks so damn good.

3. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

can anyone recommend me some slim fit shirts that are readily available... looking for non black/white and easy to wear.

looked into (lumen et umbra, devoa, ZB, frank leder, KKA,etc) not seeing stuff readily available :-(

4. psydle

psydle Distinguished Member

Zam has some amazing shirts coming in spring. I'm buying 2 styles at least

5. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

are the new styles up already to see?

6. nicelynice

nicelynice Distinguished Member

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016

7. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Distinguished Member

Why is my life not this cool

Oh and @nicelynice if you go, can you check out/try on some of the CCP long jackets if they still have those: http://www.lift-net.co.jp/images/15aw_outer/half_j_coat/half_j_coat.html
    I was put off by how long the sleeves were when I tried them, but now I'm back to thinking they're really cool...

@sinnedk lookbook up on SZ thread, webshop will probably be updated in the coming week.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016

8. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

i must not be seeing it but i looked at the collection in zam's thread and don't see any button down shirts...

9. sepp

sepp Senior Member

@Chinorlz

Amazing pieces there especially that boro jacket.

10. magicalporks

magicalporks Senior Member

Haha sorry was pretty much tied up until Friday last week - if you don't mind it being later in the day/evening the back half of this week or the weekend works!

11. anarch

anarch Well-Known Member

Looking for a Layer-0 hemp or linen blazer that would fit a tad loose on a 48 (50-52 maybe). Any idea where I can find one? Cheers.

12. Chinorlz

Chinorlz Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Images of all of garments in the 5th iteration worn along with the weekender bags as to get an idea of the size and carrying capabilities. Several of you had asked for these and apologies that they took a bit longer to get them all taken and edited. Daylight is not as long into the evening as I would like, but I managed to get these done today.

To show the different methods of buttoning, the gray Icelandic wool jacket had 2 of the 3 buttons buttoned while the bamboo jacket had all 3 buttons buttoned with the collar folded up. Both are capable of either style and look.

As an added bonus, some images of one of the suits from the Collateral suiting project worn (The Taiwan Hakka fabric suit). The suit jacket can be buttoned in several combinations resulting in either the fully buttoned look as pictured, or with 1-2 buttons buttoned with a more traditional blazer lapel look like those pictured with the grey Icelandic wool blazer.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016

13. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

hey @Chinorlz. are you making any more tees or basics?

14. Chinorlz

Chinorlz Member

Nothing at the moment.... I am currently working on a button up shirt as part of the Collateral Suiting project though which should be done in the coming 1-2 months.

I have been thinking about some long sleeve/short sleeve designs as I have some really nice fabric for it, just have not actually started formally patterning anything. Just not enough hours in the day!

15. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

please consider making some button downs.... (especially in a non-transparent white fabric) :nodding::nodding::nodding::nodding:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016