• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

x-post from WAYWT [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] from a little while back, rainy and 61 degrees in NYC, I miss those days. elena yohji guidi btw, looking for an elena jacket in size XS, will look at any possibilities, the jacket pictured is my friends, I fell in love with it the second I put it on.
Very nice. I like how you dealt with the long cuffs. I tried on a similar piece at IF last weekend and the sleeves were so long and frayed (which I like) that I couldn't imagine an alteration that would work well.

Guy Burgess

Reaction score
yeah you just roll them, with the white fabric lining it looks great.

anarch

Reaction score
I'm looking for a pair of Layer-0 american pocket sail hemp pants in size 50 (maybe 48 if the waist is generous). If anyone picked up a pair and want them gone, just let me know.

round

Reaction score
Very nice. I like how you dealt with the long cuffs. I tried on a similar piece at IF last weekend and the sleeves were so long and frayed (which I like) that I couldn't imagine an alteration that would work well.
Roll em up man, I love the way they look rolled up.

Received a quote on a long coat; long story short I was about to pay before they told me they misquoted the price.

There goes my dreams.

So, if anyone has any Elena coats with white lining for sale in size XS, I beg of you to let me know :(

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm looking for a pair of Layer-0 american pocket sail hemp pants in size 50 (maybe 48 if the waist is generous). If anyone picked up a pair and want them gone, just let me know.

sail hemp is coming in new or modified pant pattern very soon. @jpc9 can chime in on this.

LUC Hand stitched Bedsheet from AW15/16:

Last edited:

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
How is the new cut Eck?

Looking to buy a pair this season

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the one cut is roomier up top than the top stitch. I quite like it.

jpc9

Reaction score

sail hemp is coming in new or modified pant pattern very soon. @jpc9 can chime in on this.

Sail hemp pants are expected this month-not sure if a full size run or just fulfillment of late (very late) special orders.

The new cut has an outseam running to only just above the knee- from there on to ankle it's just a tube of fabric. Perhaps this is for stacking, not sure.

Last edited:

anarch

Reaction score
Thanks. Sound interesting nevertheless. I've come to realize I need a pair of sail hemp pants to match my sail hemp jacket.

uzairh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new cut is done to have a single piece of fabric on the legs. The fit will be the same as the current 5P style; no drop crotch, etc. But, let's see when they are finally delivered.

Lohikaarme

Reaction score
*******. Trading is too hard. Anyone know what the resale market for IE pants are like? Read: any chances of me getting the equivalent of like 500 eur (what's that? $550 USD +/-?) back for a not-worn-much pair? Stupid weak body can't handle 3 lb pants
baldy[1].gif

Last edited:

m1kko

Reaction score

Sail hemp pants are expected this month-not sure if a full size run or just fulfillment of late (very late) special orders.

The new cut has an outseam running to only just above the knee- from there on to ankle it's just a tube of fabric. Perhaps this is for stacking, not sure.

Can confirm this, bought this exact cut a few months ago at L'Eclaireur and saw same pants in stock at Boutique Roma last Nov

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads