Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by nicelynice, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Haam

Haam Member

I was a lurker for a little in the other thread. I've spent at least $3500 buying these clothes used and my wardrobe might be a third complete. yay

@wormwood Julius? mine looks a lot like that anyway

2. wormwood

wormwood Senior member

naah, she prefers small italian brand called D.A.T.E. - btw, really nice stuff. CCP is too rude for her usual style

3. wormwood

wormwood Senior member

definitely. but from one very special season)

4. Haam

Haam Member

the 7th anniversary one? that's what mine is from. Used to be "gold" but it was super faded when I got it so I just dyed it black.

5. wormwood

wormwood Senior member

ahhhaha yes, damn. was looking for it for a few years and finally found the one, though one of the best fitted Horikawa's pieces.

btw just grabbed the gold one from Isetan collab. could you shed some light on how it could fade with some aging?

6. Haam

Haam Member

I got mine used so I'm not sure about the fading process but the usual stress areas were quite faded and more of a light tan than gold, also all the metallic bits came off except for the upper shoulder. Chest and back also had black dots around the seams which I assume was from stretching.

7. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

[​IMG]

guys wondering if anyone has cool artisan hoody suggestions i like the above but 1000 is a bit much...

8. ClambakeSkate

ClambakeSkate Senior member

Zam Barrett has a decent hoodie that is pretty similar to that one @sinnedk

9. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Funny @psydle actually posted about it but I wanted to find out if there is anything else out there

10. psydle

psydle Senior member

11. jwalterweather

jwalterweather Senior member

Not sure how artisanal you consider kka, but they make cool hoodies. There are some for sale at archive as well. Cheaper than the devoa, but still pretty expensive for a hoody. If you could fit into a size three you could might be able to find one in Japan and proxy for cheaper. KKA's wool-cashmere flannel is very nice.

12. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Thanks I'll look at some kka.

Honestly don't care too much about artisanal, mostly want a hoody that works with ccp/ma+ at a decent price

13. psydle

psydle Senior member

Zam's has vertical pockets, gloves

[​IMG]

KKA fleece has very similar shaped, raw hem, no gloves and pockets with the diagonal interaction with the side panel seams

[​IMG]

The KKA wool cashmere one looks pretty sweet. I'm not personally a fan of the finishing band on the lower body just due to the fact that I wear lots of longer shirts underneath my jackets but if you're going to a cleaner look with a normal length shirt and your RO Detroit denim or something then this would work. It is shown with the longer top underneath here and I think the band is fighting with that.

The fabric would be considerably more lux than the current Zam options. He has made wool ones in the past too but not this season.

[​IMG]

14. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

i'll always be a wings+horns tiger fleece dude (I wanna be extra comfy if I'm wearing a hoody in the first place) but the WJK heavy jersey hoodies are my favorite in that line:

[​IMG]

15. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

@nicelynice i have a tiger fleece hoody but its a bit short and thing for me, that wjk looks cool, is it easily obtainable...