• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
that ierib jacket is so ******* ace

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ierib horsehide jacket is awesome and the blue hue of the BBS is beautiful.
Did you m2m the lerib?

Semi-bespoke/MTO-ish. Rei didn't have this jacket in this configuration before. He had something similar but the side pockets were placed higher, slanted, and with extra leather that was flared out similar looking to CCP's pockets on the highneck. I requested the pockets to be moved to the side seams instead for a cleaner look. I also requested zippers on them but he forgot to add them. He sent me a fitting toile based on my measurements. From there, he made adjustments to the fit based on my feedback. I'm just not sure if he still does this process since back then he advertised his works as bespoke on his website. I know he has moved on to the direction of creating his own menswear label shortly after my jacket was made.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We are all fortunate @nyarkies has stepped up to fill the gap @nicelynice has created. We still have artisanal leathers in normal-ish fits among us.

I really like BBS's less ridiculous leathers, the J2 and J3 in particular. They strike me as just really good leather jackets. And for whatever reason the bold colors seem to work better in his stuff than most.

Agreed on the ierib, that thing is exceptional. Also, it has one of the most hilarious bad-english descriptions I've seen on the DadMoscow website: (albeit for the calf version)

pull-up leather by Italian tanneries. It is like texture get moist and Sucking.
It will be created by a unique technique for tanning in tannin extract which is extracted from the bark of the mimosa. Ginmen has finished in matte look, such as sucking the rubbing light in the paper. It represents the beautiful spots sense of oil by the impregnated carefully "pull-up". The meat is thick, but also observed drape feeling like hitting the large vein that knock down there is also flexibility.

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We are all fortunate @nyarkies has stepped up to fill the gap @nicelynice has created. We still have artisanal leathers in normal-ish fits among us.

I really like BBS's less ridiculous leathers, the J2 and J3 in particular. They strike me as just really good leather jackets. And for whatever reason the bold colors seem to work better in his stuff than most.

Agreed on the ierib, that thing is exceptional. Also, it has one of the most hilarious bad-english descriptions I've seen on the DadMoscow website: (albeit for the calf version)

pull-up leather by Italian tanneries. It is like texture get moist and Sucking.
It will be created by a unique technique for tanning in tannin extract which is extracted from the bark of the mimosa. Ginmen has finished in matte look, such as sucking the rubbing light in the paper. It represents the beautiful spots sense of oil by the impregnated carefully "pull-up". The meat is thick, but also observed drape feeling like hitting the large vein that knock down there is also flexibility.

Thanks but I'm not really filling any gaps as even I rarely post anything here. :)

This side has slowed down definitely because of a few factors. Even when you go to SZ where it caters more to this genre, it's pretty much the same. Although, it's much more fun to post and interact here. Go figure.

I think even those artistic mottos that the designers create don't really come out well. Probably it is better if it's in their native language and just somehow gets lost in translation.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@nyarkies the whole avant garde or artisanal stuff whatever you call it has been over saturated by so many brands (both good and bad quality) that people have lost interest, I certainly have.

I remember when I first got interested in this (primarily footwear and still is my primary interest for the genre) it was interesting to find out about all the makers CCP, L0, a1923, MA+, Cdiem, Guidi. Then moved into clothing Rick, Japanese stuff Devoa, attachment.

All this was cool but then some things I owned weren’t wearable everyday either due to comfort or just not jiving with everyday life.

Now I mixed things up with mostly American tops/jeans and artisanal footwear. At least that’s what works for me.

I’ve seen countless fit pics some amazing some awful with the artisanal stuff and esp on SZ you have to stick to the artisanal stuff. Here on Sf it’s always been more fun to see people mix things up and wearing something other than black (saying this as I am wearing all black).

To bring this all back, I think the artisanal designers (not gonna name anyone) are a bit out of touch with reality. They have a craft, an art, I get it. But, their pricing coupled with the fact that you have to stick to an aesthetic to make their items work in everyday life makes it difficult to justify paying 1000s of dollars for something to be in the closet. No I don’t look like a rich goth dude everyday, sometimes I just want things to look simple and easy much like @nyarkies fit.

Jobst

Reaction score
Feel like they could have got rid of the crumpling on the back of the shirt before taking photos. Thought it was a weird elastic waist cinch for a minute.

Jobst

Reaction score
Also, they’re selling a 490 pound shirt and don’t say what the fabric is made of? I mean, I know Forme so I assume it’s amazing but holy ****

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads