• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

leeba

Reaction score
Going to the US? They marked down the value for my shipments without me asking. So unless they changed that policy, you're not gonna pay anything.

Good to know, same luck for Hostem?

Auximenes

Reaction score
in the past 3 months i ve met 2 incredible talents who qualify to be brought up in this thread i think, even though they definitely stand out in that crowd of black crows : Taro Hamano (eponymous 'label' though officially he doesn't have one yet) and Yasushi Nakano (founder of Ansnam).
First, Taro H.
I could see this guy and his work at an exhibition at Cathedral in Sept or Oct. Cathedral is a shop that i love and stores a lot of difficult-to-find/eclectic labels (GBS, TenC, Araki Yuu, Norwegian Rain, etc very eclectic selection). The staff is very helpful and friendly, and somehow they all happen to speak French ?!!

My pics :
DSC_0510.jpg
DSC_0512.jpg
DSC_0514.jpg

I believe he was originally a painter, and he started working with fabrics just a few years ago. He refers to himself as a textile artist actually, who designs/makes handwoven textiles. Clothes havent been his focus so far, he has not developed a full line or anything like that. The few that were exhibited at Cathedral were only the result of his experiments as he is trying to find his style or simply figuring out what his long term project will be ; and yet, they may very well be the most amazing display of garment craftsmanship i have seen. The coats or robes, however you call them, are not made with a full scale sizing. They all come in a OS, and yet they fit surprisingly well... The cut and drape were pretty much spot on when i tried them. We are far from the ridiculous experiences I've had trying to fit in MA+ or other **** like that.

Her are some much better quality pics from his tumblr :
tumblr_odd45ii7m21uolueoo1_540.jpg
tumblr_odd45ii7m21uolueoo2_540.jpg
tumblr_ob7dpjMCDV1uolueoo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_od9lcnh0G41uolueoo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_odd43cMv9B1uolueoo1_1280.jpg

I was deadset on leaving with one of those coats , then i asked for the price... Prohibitive even for the brands discussed here. Handwoven fabrics of course...

At least the shirts were almost affordable, so i picked one up... A fantastic handwoven silk that underwent a special treatment to give it that worn out, vintage-y finish.
DSC_0499.jpg
And here a fit pic with my Yamamoto linen trousers :
DSC_0545.jpg

Last edited:

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fabrics look interesting. I like the sort of check looking pattern coat especially. I know you said the cost is prohibitively high but I'd just like to know how much though.

Auximenes

Reaction score
The fabrics look interesting. I like the sort of check looking pattern coat especially. I know you said the cost is prohibitively high but I'd just like to know how much though.
Between 3-4kusd for coats, half of that for the big stoles.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Between 3-4kusd for coats, half of that for the big stoles.
The coats look fantastic. Yes, expensive, but tbh, not much more than say, MA+ or CCP. And that price is becoming routine for luxury brands. Still, yeah, far from impulse purchases, the billionaires amongst us excluded.

newp

Reaction score
I absolutely love when designers wear clothing by other fellow designers.

MaurizioAltieriatEth0s.png

Maurizio Altieri in Geoffrey B. Small jacket.

Out of recent not so notable examples I can remember Maurizio Amadei wearing glasses made for him by Rigards.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I absolutely love when designers wear clothing by other fellow designers.

MaurizioAltieriatEth0s.png

Maurizio Altieri in Geoffrey B. Small jacket.

Out of recent not so notable examples I can remember Maurizio Amadei wearing glasses made for him by Rigards.
the artisanal market of fashion has a lot of designers who are very supportive and RASpectful of each other.
When Myself, Devoa, Ziggy Chen, SFM etc shared a showroom we often bought or exchanged items from/ with each other.
Ziggy Chen and his wife both have ZB Backpacks.
I have several Iolom rings I got by exchange.
I Have a pair of GBS sneakers, my all time favorite that he gave me as a gift.
LEB has a stack of his favorite beanies from ZB
I am about to beat him up for my derbies he has yet to make......LOL
Geoffrey and Altieri are very good friends and once shared a Showroom where they helped to launch younger designers
Alessio Zero is one of the nicest, kindest artisanal designers to his peers.........

Its fun to experience and share the work of other designers, especially if they make products in product categories that is not ones forte...

Last edited:

Lohikaarme

Reaction score
Picked up some Rosen hakamas. She made them a special length for me. I basically just had them lengthened to be full-length. I'll probably try to grab some Jiro trousers later.

Spoilering.

9bUSzY1l.jpg

wm6JMMkl.jpg

iSA85vFl.jpg

0twLzVAl.jpg

iRF3bNll.jpg

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Are you wearing the hakamas backwards?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads