Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by nicelynice, Aug 20, 2015.

1. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

that was last season if I'm thinking of the same one, black with a single green stripe. This season is a complex fabric with multiple colors but prodomenantly olive. It has widely spaced 'wells' like thick spaced out corduroy. Really incredible in person

2. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Is that the one from last season? It's still out right now. Hmm... maybe leftover fabric? Mostly black (closer to navy, though) with a couple thin green stripes running through it. Tightly woven, fabric has a bit of a sheen and luster to it. I didn't see it last year, just the heavy tweed and mix stripe. I've seen the same in white with a green stripe.

3. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Pretty sure the same as this (pulled from Instagram). Was thinking of picking it up because I'm a moron, felt good

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  4. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

btw here's a PH shirt (it is, right??) in a non-alcoholic beer commercial
    Paul would be upset if he weren't rolling in dough from all his expensive striped blazers

5. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

Ya pretty sure that's last SS, eastern market still has some pieces in that fabric. It definitely has a slight sheen to it with 1 or 2 vertical green stripes. They just got the new Fw in like 3 weeks ago, the olive 'tweed' and a few others for jerkins- waxed and olive knit. And of course the new print with the horses a dogs

6. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

Just saw pic- ya that's the SS15 fabric. It's still nice! Seasons don't matter :)

7. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

8. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Yowza, that looks nice. I wish there was a cool store here that stocked PH so I could chat about it, I never know what's going on and it sells out so fast I miss out on the cool fabrics in my size. Only decent retailer (Journal standard) is women only.

9. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

Ya it's nice to go to EM and just chat. The owners are good friends with Altieri and have plenty of crazy stories. It sells out fast here too though! To get the floral print shirt, I came in the day they got the shipment and we're just opening the boxes. It was nice, I got to try on every piece as they unpacked heh

10. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

Not sure if he does short sleeve print shirt, sure does look like that fabric though

11. AlexanderTG

AlexanderTG Senior member

[​IMG]
    I passed on the black with green stripe last season. Just couldn't take that kind of gamble on it not knowing if it was going to be the factor that let it not get much use.

I got the black herringbone AW15 and it is stellar.

Now I'm trying to talk myself into a Layer-0 leather hat.

Anyone here have any experience with them? They haunt me in my sleep.

[​IMG]

And yeah, those Layer-0 pants are not for the thick-of-calves or ankles. Brutal.

Nicely, congrats on all your recent kops. Really nice stuff.

12. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

not a huge fan of the leather hats.. a bit heavy for wearing around. well-made, though. regardless, i wouldn't buy a hat without trying it on because they cool hats can backfire and look really stupid, especially on dorks like me. Have you looked at Horisaki hats? They seem pretty cool.

the green stripe isn't too obvious when worn. it's actually the reason I'm considering picking it up, although PH herringbone is always nice. I want a mid-weight fabric, something I can wear in the office during the winter.

Where do you buy your PH stuff, anyways? is there a shop in new york?

Thanks, I unloaded a TOOON of stuff from my closet (and planning on unloading more), so I'm still in the black, thankfully. Quite happy to try stuff out for a couple months and sell if it doesn't work out

13. AlexanderTG

AlexanderTG Senior member

The Library does offer returns (on the hook for int'l shipping, of course). But yeah, I suppose it would be good to try on.

Will check out Horisaki. Thanks for the tip. I think (as per Eck's suggestion) that a flatter hat like a newsboy or similar would be better for me. But man, I do like the Alessio hobo clown look. :)

14. Guy Burgess

Guy Burgess Senior member

That shirt in the advert is not harnden and nicelynice don't get sucked in $$$$$$$ ha

15. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

$$$$$ is ridiculous, it's the same price as last season so I thought "oh, that's a good deal." It also ends up being cheaper in Japan than elsewhere, I think