1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by nicelynice, Aug 20, 2015.

1. infinii

infinii Active Member

What store are you talking about in Toronto? I'm visiting this summer and wouldn't mind checking it out.

2. DeadBoy

DeadBoy Senior member

Serpentine, on Cumberland in Yorkville. Mostly notable for Rick and Balmain, although they also carry some Julius, ma+ and Guidi, or at least did when I was there last. You might also consider popping by TNT nearby, which is alright, and Nomad on Queen West, which, although it doesn't carry labels from this niche, is a cool space with good buys. Happy to provide more recommendations, for shopping or whatever, DM me if you want.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  3. Mojo1990

Mojo1990 Senior member

4. AlexanderTG

AlexanderTG Senior member

[​IMG]
    I have been so "good" for sooo long.

New linen jacket from Archivio J.M. Ribot via Layers London. So freaking nice. Will post more pics soon.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    4 people like this.
  5. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

Does anyone know how the cut of the American pocket Layer-0 differs from the 5 pocket pants?

I have the latter in sail hemp and like them

The new pics at pnp show very intense stacking from mid thigh down with a baggy top block
    Maybe that's just the nature of the linen though ?

6. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Yeah, it's a high-waist/drop crotch fit with a loose top-block and a very sharp taper. Quite different than the 5p which is fairly slim in the thigh. The stacking is partly due to the processing

7. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

^Ah glad I confirmed that, thanks

On another note , has anyone ever let out the waist and seat of a pair of breadsticks ?
    I've gotten too fat for mine

I have no sewing knowledge but when I look at the insides there is some small amount of spare fabric along the rear vertical/seat seam, but the waistband is hidden behind that grey band with the button holes

Alternatively if anyone wants a pair in black corawo sz46 hit me up

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  8. Lohikaarme

Lohikaarme Senior member

Anyone stateside have success contacting Vektor?

9. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

1 person likes this.
  10. Mojo1990

Mojo1990 Senior member

I feel disorientated with the new changes to the forum layout .

11. arnoldpettibone

arnoldpettibone Senior member

order through a proxy

12. Mojo1990

Mojo1990 Senior member

Has anyone been in contact with CRUVOIR recently? I still haven't received my Forme D'expression Linen Black shirt. They have uploaded the exact same piece online but they have yet to contact me. Curiously the Size M isn't available so I'm assuming that's mine.

13. Lohikaarme

Lohikaarme Senior member

Yeah that was my worry :(
    I wanted to ask questions first.

14. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

call them?? one of the perks of buying through a store is, presumably, customer service!!

15. DeadBoy

DeadBoy Senior member

This may be totally sacrilege, and I'll present my thread card for revocation if needed, but: Is anyone else not a fan of raw hems? I get that they may be part of certain designers' philosophies... but I find them to be a nuisance much of the time, especially when it's sleeves that roll up at the cuffs. I'm considering taking a bunch of stuff to a seamstress to be finished, or maybe have a backing put on.

16. nyarkies

nyarkies Senior member

I do prefer the hems to be finished. So, you're not alone on that one. Eventually, those unfinished hems just get more worn out. I like my stuff to last longer and raw hems don't help on that aspect.