• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

gustavobradley

Reaction score
Any tighter than like 6" and you're going to have a really hard time getting them over your feet, and when they're on it's going to look way too tight

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe his calves are skinny? I can't have anything less than 7" hems or I can't pull it up to zip or tie my boots as I don't tuck my pants/jeans in my boots anyway.

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think even size 36s have <7" hems

gustavobradley

Reaction score
I have really thin calves, and can see why you would visually want jeans to be slimmer like that (something about having the wider calves on an otherwise tight pair of pants looks "off"). But after a certain point it becomes a huge pain to take them on and off, and if you're wearing black jeans you'll definitely get the legging effect. Of course, this is totally my opinion/experience, and it could be different for different people

JayFS

Reaction score
I have some relatively large calves (IMO) with ~16" around and 6.5" hems as mentioned above gives off the leggings effect. If that's your case something that allows for stretch (Cotton/EA blend) would be your best bet.

No problem with 7" hem for boot tuck and cropped pants ftw.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have some relatively large calves (IMO) with ~16" around and 6.5" hems as mentioned above gives off the leggings effect. If that's your case something that allows for stretch (Cotton/EA blend) would be your best bet.

No problem with 7" hem for boot tuck and cropped pants ftw.
I dunno man. I have calves just slightly under 16" (never thought of them as really large, just not chicken legs), while, yes, a 6.5" hem is pretty skinny (I can't get them up to my calves), they are right for a stack on top of boots. That said, I personally prefer to have hems of about 7-7.25", which is more versatile.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

yeah that could be true actually...

my 31s are like 6.25", so sizes 33 and up could potentially pass 6.5"/7" i suppose.

still a pretty tiny hem size though, not really sure why you'd want tighter?

i think my ro detritus are 7in

Maybe his calves are skinny? I can't have anything less than 7" hems or I can't pull it up to zip or tie my boots as I don't tuck my pants/jeans in my boots anyway.

i am skinny :p

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

FYI SLP D02's are pretty snug in the crotch.
Or I'm just well hung :D

Lol man...

I never found jeans with a small rise comfortable. It's not even about being well endowed or something it's about the feeling of being constricted, same feeling regarding snug shoes for me.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to Super A market, a garbage store carrying some cool brands, and they had the sickest GBS silk/cashmere blazer for a sweet $4500

Good grief

Mojo1990

Reaction score

Went to Super A market, a garbage store carrying some cool brands, and they had the sickest GBS silk/cashmere blazer for a sweet $4500

Good grief

Is it really a garbage store? Lol
1f601.png

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It has everything I hate about stores:
- staff didn't acknowledge me
- clothes organized by color, not brand. Really annoying when it's like Araki Yuu -> Acne -> GBS -> Visvim -> Greg Lauren
- clothes crammed in the rack. The GBS blazer was in a tiny corner in the back of the store. Clothes need space to breathe

The buy could be called "eclectic," but there was no theme and I didn't wanna sort through levis jeans looking for GBS trousers

dji0

Reaction score
^ sounds like a treasure hunt. been to one too many stores like this sadly..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads