1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by nicelynice, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Zamb

Zamb Senior member Affiliate Vendor

@bows1 ,

its hard for me to recommend something like the minimalist slim pants, it is a pants for which we never produced a variant. the only other Non jeans pant that would be similar would be the Tri Continental Soft J pants......but we only have 52.
    Size 48 and 50 are gone

2. bows1

bows1 Senior member

@Zamb thanks for the info. I'll just have to wait for the next release I suppose!

3. JayFS

JayFS Senior member

@Zamb Anything similar to the asymmetric fly cropped pants (brushed cotton?) in the upcoming season? The pair I bought is in heavy rotation but it's too thick for warmer seasons.

4. Mojo1990

Mojo1990 Senior member

Any Stockists that have the new collection?

5. Zamb

Zamb Senior member Affiliate Vendor

@JayFS i thanks for the inquiry

I am unsure of the pants you are speaking, can you PM me with details and i will be able to help you
    Also, if anyone has any questions please send me a PM or an email as I dont wanna take over the thread with speaking about our work

In the next couple of days, i think we will be an official affiliate here, so there will be a formal thread with discussions, promotions, inquiries etc.

6. DeadBoy

DeadBoy Senior member

Fair enough, just the thing I've heard most often. And having Kramer-ed my way into a pair of Z-1s, I can attest that there are other quite slim Zam pants.

7. bigjus

bigjus Active Member

just got a coat from zam , specially tailored for me - it is like a piece of art !

its a massive thing and weighs a ton , high neck with a resin coating and about knee length - its from a few seasons ago i think ?

the thing for me is the tailoring - absolutely nails the shape of the body for us European guys which ive found a problem with japanese brands in the past

also beautiful buttons !

will post some fit pics soon but just want to say i think zam is very underrated in our circle of reference - would much rather buy from him than buy a PH , LUC or A1923 blazer for 2500 euros that doesn't fit well...

my coat was way less than that :)

3 people like this.
  8. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Take some photos!

9. bigjus

bigjus Active Member

10. ViceofGucci

ViceofGucci Well-Known Member

Man at 6`3 and size 45 shoe I have the same problem. I'm a size 50-52 in most coats so maybe look for outerwear

11. bigjus

bigjus Active Member

ok - terrible pics but im in my scruffs and have been sanding worktops all day and drinking beer - the coat is awesome irl !
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  12. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

the PR patterson wool blazer ATG was talking about a long time ago is now $400 at Robin richman if I didn't misread the price tag, size M and L

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  13. oulipien

oulipien Senior member

looks pretty awesome here too tbh.

when you say it was custom / from a couple of seasons ago, does that mean Zam made a new one to spec from the old season's design?

14. bigjus

bigjus Active Member

no , he had this in his workshop and altered it from a size 48 (tag) to fit a 52 chest size (44 inch )

its slightly tight in the torso after christmas but come spring its gonna fit like a glove ....

15. bigjus

bigjus Active Member

balls , didnt see my fat chin in the pic - must be the camera angle !

16. bigjus

bigjus Active Member

this all came about when i had a conversation with zam telling him i really needed a big winter coat - and asking him what he had ... was going to blow the budget and buy the size 54 ccp fencing jacket that was on stylezightgist (sic) which was lovely but not practical really ...

zam convinced me otherwise and said he had he would make something i would like - i only saw one photo of of the coat and was hooked !

17. xeraphim

xeraphim Senior member

18. ClambakeSkate

ClambakeSkate Senior member

and looks to destroy the legacy with a single lookbook.

19. fps

fps Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's back the way Lang, Margiela, and Ann are still going concerns.

I know Continues was always a collective, but the limited PR vaguely insinuates that 'the members of that time' are involved with this reboot. That's after name dropping Altieri in the opening lines.

He's said, and it's been on this board and other places, that if he wanted to make quick cash he'd just start churning out leather shirts again. Instead he's chasing his own 'what next' by making expensive, conceptually overwrought shoes and Eastern/Western-influenced one-cut pants (full disclosure: I love that shit).

Looks like somebody else is doing the cynical cash grab, and, this time, 1 plus 1 really just equals 2.

1 person likes this.
  20. newp

newp Senior member

I wonder who is behind this (besides the guy who seems responsible for the PR) as in actual artisans: most of those who were involved back then have their own brands.
    If that would be another speculation Simone-like, that would be an honest shame even more than it already is.