• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, I gotta come up with some funds fast and will be willing to let my LUC Crest Slash Neck coat size Large (worn once) go for $1,025 shipped anywhere in the CONUS. I paid oh-so-much-more for it but it's just not right for me. It's an amazing piece and will be perfect for the coming season. Any questions please don't hesitate.

Check link above or in my sig.

Thanks!

Last edited:

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This jacket rides a very thin line between stupid and cool... Either way, the torso is tight as hell

oulipien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pre-sale service is great, informative and so on, no complaints about it. Post-sale service is the worst I've even seen, despite they accept the fact it's entirely their fault they still feel themselves entitled to keep my money even when I have returned the item to them.

This said always keep the protection of 3rd party i.e. paypal. Once you make a gift payment with Zam Barrett you could be left like me: helpless, without an item and without money. Never thought it's possible but here I am.

I wouldn't make a gift payment to a real merchant anyway, but I will say that the one post-sale experience I had with him was fine, even exceptional—I'd bought a faulted shoulder shirt at the wrong size on final sale, and I asked if I could exchange it for the next size up, and he said it would be fine. I did have to mail it back at my own expense but (a) my fault and (b) final sale.

oulipien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm still looking for a pair of L-0 denim 5p pants (any color) size 48. If anyone has any leads, please let me know!!

Probably Harvey's. I was just there and he's got a bunch of L-0 stuff still. Possibly because the website is almost nonexistent.

oulipien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exactly! And I thought, Zam Barrett, the man behind the brand itself should have known out of all people how does his sizing run and what is this specific pants sample he sends to me while being asked for a pants of size 48 EU.
Anyway, I hope to believe it was one of its kind mistake which could be easily fixed in much less humiliating to me way. The problem is it's not fixed even now (but it will be fixed by Paypal eventually anyway now). The necessity to resort of a help of 3rd party saddens me, but no other options, alas.

IIRC the email Zam sent out specifically said to ask for measurements?

oulipien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW I realize the Deepti discussion is many pages back but the broken glass tuxedo was on display at Darklands and it was no joke pretty amazing looking. (The Dieter impersonator tailing me claimed that he had worn the jacket and cut himself doing so. Fashion!)

t3hg0suazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW I realize the Deepti discussion is many pages back but the broken glass tuxedo was on display at Darklands and it was no joke pretty amazing looking. (The Dieter impersonator tailing me claimed that he had worn the jacket and cut himself doing so. Fashion!)
Agreed. Hella unwearable tho.

And NN, I gotta say that jacket really accentuates your hips. Less so when unzipped, but yea... Maybe wear with pants with less taper, more yohji-esque

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

It's not great for my body type, I have big hips

actually, i thought it looked great when you cropped out the pants. i think the pants are just too loose for such a tight fitting jacket.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This jacket rides a very thin line between stupid and cool... Either way, the torso is tight as hell

fwiw, I think that it looks cool, and yes, all of those jackets fit pretty tight in the torso. Stupidly so in past seasons. Apparently, It's gotten better.

Here are two quick snaps of my MA+ wallet. Like the card cases, the appeal is in the origami folding and the patterns showing through the leather, so I've tried to show that. The second picture shows the color a bit better, and the silver cross that you can see is already embossing on the leather fold that goes over it. Pretty cool.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads