1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by nicelynice, Aug 20, 2015.

1. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

i only care because he was supposed to be my qb1

2. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

aren't you in baltimore, thus a ravens fan?

3. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

i'm in ny, but this is for fantasy football

4. dji0

dji0 Senior Member

cheers nn, that's how I understood it as well. I probably need an XS for the more recent seasons though so I might not have too many options. those red high neck leathers are looking pretty good..

5. Abraxis

Abraxis Distinguished Member

Yeah the red and dark green incarnation high necks this season were quite nice. Also like ~800 dollars cheaper at The Archive than the spring summer iterations, I imagine thanks to the way the exchange rate has swung -- I picked up the light grey from that as well as the cotton/hemp version and wear them a lot.

I think the only slightly weird thing is it is a very long jacket in terms of torso length... wish it fell a little higher.

6. AlexanderTG

AlexanderTG Distinguished Member

Didn't see this for some reason.

I really like mine. I've got some pretty thick calves so I'm happy they aren't too skinny. Top block is generous as well. The fabric and tailoring are top notch. The label--printed and then shredded across--was a nice touch but fell off after a couple of wears.

There is a strange basting stitch closing off the second button on the fly that was weird. Took that off on Eck's suggestion and now they are near perfect.

The semi-raw hems are fab. Partially raw and some areas finished. I got the grey ones and the color is fairly consistent. All in all I'm more than a little happy with them.

Some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. orlais

orlais Well-Known Member

Any Elena Dawson fans here? Tried trawling through a few pages back but haven't seen anything about her.

8. nicelynice

nicelynice Distinguished Member

Alex has an Elena blazer, looks great. A bit whimsical for me personally but I do like her stuff

9. AlexanderTG

Absolutely! Love ED even though I only have one piece (black "open blazer" made from cotton and grosgrain).

[​IMG]

There's some talk about her stuff on SZ (http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9759&page=4) but not much.

But yeah, would love to see more discussion of her in here if possible.

10. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior Member

I can't get behind ED. The cut just never looks right, and the button placement is off putting, too uneven. Like a half-awake art students thoughts on what a romantic poet looks like.

Speaking of which, I always loved The Funeral of Shelley by Louis Édouard Fournier. Sick fits all round, and Shelley being sent off in his finest jawnz.

(click for big)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015

11. psydle

psydle Distinguished Member

while we're posting fashion in art. Is this ED or PH that Wyeth was painting?
    [​IMG]

12. Abraxis

Abraxis Distinguished Member

This is what's made me hold off too + I think the US West Coast suffers a little bit more of an availability problem than Australia. The button placement is strange on a few pieces. It's a little bit too dark romantic in the ann d sense which has never been my jam. The fabrics aren't as compelling for me. That being said -- there are some great pieces from time to time.

I didn't know that about the cut though.. that's disappointing. I would have assumed that PH's fit/cut was from her.

13. AlexanderTG

I dunno. I realize I'm still pretty new to this stuff but I'm pleased, at least, with the cut and fit of this. And I realize it's not for everybody.

[​IMG]

14. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Distinguished Member

I have a cotton shirt I like, raw hems everywhere. I've missed out on so much ED at Bruce. They had an off-white silk shirt there last time I went but it was too small. Wanting to pick up more but it's not as high on my list

I really like the jacket you have!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015

15. nicelynice

nicelynice Distinguished Member

Does anyone have a list of PR Patterson stockists? Very interested, never handler his (it is a dude, right?) stuff

AND sorry I couldn't let this one go by, but.... it's not Russell "nanobubbles" Wilson's fault, it's our flaming garbage pile of an offensive line and to a lesser extent our OC and O-line coaches. The ONLY thing keeping our offense alive behind that bad of an offensive line is Wilson's ability to scramble and extend plays. Both my teams (Eagles, Seahawks) are underperforming this season, so I'm cranky!!