• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Exactly! This was my logic at least half a year ago. I have some guys who were honest and fast and prompt and so on who I can trust so gift payments were some kind of a saving for me and a sign of trust for them, a great example is SZ member magic,  I always send gift payments to him and get my (his, haha) item in perfect condition. The idea such situation could happen with an established artisan, almost one of its kind at the whole continent, eluded my mind. I mean, this is what I have done when they have forgotten to ship my item in March in the first place: http://i.imgur.com/Ka4dBas.png . It was on March 10th. 
tl;dr: great experience of others and myself with an established artisan Zam Barrett business led me to a false conclusion I can trust it. Never send your payments as a gift, protect yourself, don't be like me: left without any money or your item.

Right i am ok with sf/sz dudes. grailed scares me a little because its so easy to scam there.

The best experiences have been with Hide, PN\P, The Office and The Library London. Cant remember too many other retailers in recent memory...

newp

Reaction score
Yes, PNP and hide are the best for EU artisan purchases. Maybe Library is worthwhile with current eurgbp, at least the staff there is super nice in person.
I am not as fan of Poell as you are, one pair of tornadoes is enough for me, but I live in Cyprus and if course I love Tassos dedication.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hey guys, Been a while, just catching up. I know they're not weather-proof but I swear by the Zam Barrett Henriksson hoodies for an up to the neck, helmet shaped hood with thumbhole sleeves and a 2 way zip. They don't look like tech gear at all when worn relaxed and a bit open but the aforementioned features really perform like it when you zip up and hood up. I really think these represent one of his best designs as far as anatomical utility versus avant appearance. He's running a sample sale right now and I have the xls list of stock if anyone is interested (PM me for link). Way deeper discounts than anything on the site. I think there are a few of those hoodies in various fabrics (and leather) up right now. Oh yea and if you really need weather proofing you can always through a Senz Mini asymmetric 70 mph rated umbrella in your bag for about $40.
Thanks Buddy, i have hoodies i really am looking for a technical type jacket right now...

Mojo1990

Reaction score

Yes, PNP and hide are the best for EU artisan purchases. Maybe Library is worthwhile with current eurgbp, at least the staff there is super nice in person.
I am not as fan of Poell as you are, one pair of tornadoes is enough for me, but I live in Cyprus and if course I love Tassos dedication.

May I please request the website for hide?

dji0

Reaction score
ok so i keep looking for tech jackets and not finding anything too great, anyone see something thats lightly lined and withstands wind/rain/ 50/60 degree weather?
if you want straight up tech stuff have you tried Outdoor Research or Black Diamond? recently bought a lot of alpine gear for a Rainier summit attempt and they were the only brands that made anything slim fitted enough for me..

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

if you want straight up tech stuff have you tried Outdoor Research or Black Diamond? recently bought a lot of alpine gear for a Rainier summit attempt and they were the only brands that made anything slim fitted enough for me..

I'll check it, thanks

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
newp didn't get scammed by zam. he just got too fat for his order and is trying to drag an innocent artisan through the ground!

@Mojo1990: http://www.hide-m.com/

Last edited:

newp

Reaction score
newp didn't get scammed by zam. he just got too fat for his order and is trying to drag an innocent artisan through the ground!

@Mojo1990 : http://www.hide-m.com/
Yes, the irony and similarities between these situations made me laugh for a while. And yes, Zam Barrett kept telling me the pants were made for 48 till the moment they have got it back.
Then he had admitted, let me quote " the measurements of the pants was off, because it seemed it shrunk in the treatment process, so in essence it was not fair to you in that regard."

What diverted me from the brand was not the error of the store (we are all humans), but how it was handled from the 1st of August when I have asked for a list of items I can have an exchange to, kept asking for it several times and all I got back were 3 emails: two of them on 9th of August stating the person responsible for it is at doctor's office and this is the reason I haven't got my reply from the 1st of August and the 3rd on 23rd of August which was a reply to my email when I stated I am tired of waiting of said list and want a refund to severe my ties to Zam Barrett's brand, which was "we won't make any refund, you can still exchange to something from our sample sale list"..... without a list again. Not that I need this list at this point, but the fact I have been getting promotional emails about this sale, he posts about it on SZ, some member have gotten this list already, but not me despite I have asked for it for several weeks makes me sad.

This said, expect a full cashmere ZB razor coat of size 48 on a sale soon once I won't be lazy enough to make some pics.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
justice Appreciation prevails (feels good man :foo:)! but on a more serious note, I hope you get your money back or some sort of restitution somehow. at least zam admits his error, unlike wormwood, who only gives lipservice and tells everyone else that it was the buyer's fault.

Last edited:

newp

Reaction score
justice Appreciation prevails (feels good man
foo.gif
)! but on a more serious note, I hope you get your money back or some sort of restitution somehow. at least zam admits his error, unlike wormwood, who only gives lipservice and tells everyone else that it was the buyer's fault.
Right, just I said karma is a ***** and somewhere deep inside me I felt I deserved this in some form or another.
My only problem now is I honestly don't want to be associated with the brand with this level of attitude towards their clients. If I ever get this list of an exchange items, if I ever choose something from it, pay VAT on it at customs again and get it, each time I will look at it in my closet I will remember these fun 6 months of dealing with Zam Barrett. Something I would like to avoid.
This leads to a conclusion refund or nothing and I guess Zam has chosen nothing as he stopped replying to my emails altogether.

m1kko

Reaction score
Hate to read these kind of activities happening, esp. small brands like Zam. I think the exceptions to the rule of business as usual are the places where you really see how retailers work and what they're made of.

Sad to say, but after waiting for 3 weeks for any kind of reply via email or whatsapp, I'm gonna put this out in public that I'd recommend staying away from THE OFFICE GALLERY (Tassos, Demetra) at this point–even though people have had good transactions as have I previously. In the middle of one of these exceptional situations and seems they're just going to ride into the sunset with my deposits without any replies whatever.

I don't care to go into specifics as this point as I'm forced to use these public channels to just deign a response for them...

Last edited:

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dealing with zam has proven to be such a pain ********** that I always opt for passing even if happen to like something he has to offer (which happens quite rarely as, imo, the brand tends to be going downhill).

Another lesson I learned is not to make a gift payment to anyone (friends excluded), regardless of the history of your communication with the relevant seller and regardless any third-party vouching.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads